Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 30405090 ... LastLast

Thread: *Chat* Roll Cages, Snow Ball Fights, & PFTS Quotes from 2013 for the New Year

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mathhhhh ...

Fuel system king crew member #1

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just aced a precalc class over the fall semester. And I haven't taken a math class in tears. Took a lot of studying and repetition of problems but it was worth it!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I just aced a precalc class over the fall semester. And I haven't taken a math class in tears. Took a lot of studying and repetition of problems but it was worth it!
    I'm just in algebra...math is my weakest subject...I'm trying though.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottled Morphine View Post
    I'm just in algebra...math is my weakest subject...I'm trying though.

Man, I feel your pain. I suck(ed) at it, but I took different seminars and classes and learned how to do well in different types of classes. Thats the reason I ended up with an A and a 100 on the final - and the highest grade in my class. It's proven that it takes 11-13 problems to fully understand a concept in math. So, the professor gives you hw in the text book. Do extra by doing 11-13 problems of the same type in each section. You gotta put the work in and actually set time aside 3x a week to do your hw and study, but it pays off VERY well.

Just a story from someone who got great grades that had to really [fuckin] work for it.

Ninja edit: Oh and I always put my phone away in math. I focused much better in class and didn't have to reinforce much outside of class. Dude, if you follow that your whole concept of math will change lol

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Man, I feel your pain. I suck(ed) at it, but I took different seminars and classes and learned how to do well in different types of classes. Thats the reason I ended up with an A and a 100 on the final - and the highest grade in my class. It's proven that it takes 11-13 problems to fully understand a concept in math. So, the professor gives you hw in the text book. Do extra by doing 11-13 problems of the same type in each section. You gotta put the work in and actually set time aside 3x a week to do your hw and study, but it pays off VERY well.

Just a story from someone who got great grades that had to really [fuckin] work for it.

Ninja edit: Oh and I always put my phone away in math. I focused much better in class and didn't have to reinforce much outside of class. Dude, if you follow that your whole concept of math will change lol
    I'll try it out man...really gonna buckle down. Thinking about getting a tutor as well...but let's see how I'm grasping concepts when I'm actually putting in the effort. My issue is that I'd come across something, half ass it or get frustrated and move on without a full understanding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gonna need to buy a TI calc for sure.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll try it out man...really gonna buckle down. Thinking about getting a tutor as well...but let's see how I'm grasping concepts when I'm actually putting in the effort. My issue is that I'd come across something, half ass it or get frustrated and move on without a full understanding.

Good! And yea, thats what will hold you down. If you have a question, raise that hand man. If everyone else gets it and you don't, too bad for them. Math is cumulative in it's concepts, so you miss one thing and you're screwed for the rest. You pay for an education, so make sure you get one!

And calc for sure. I had a TI-83, now they have such complex ones its crazy!

My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gonna need to buy a TI calc for sure.

Get a TI-89 if you're allowed to use it and maybe even if you're not :hiding: that calculator can do derivatives, algebra, integral a, basically everything. Can even give answers in fraction form, so when doing trig, instead of getting a long decimal, you get the real answer such as (pi)/6. That calculator basically passed calculus for me and technically we weren't supposed to be using that fancy of one :hidingagain: but good luck with it! I'm glad I'm done with that undergrad stuff, taking stuff out of your major gets lame after a while...

On another more what are everyone's thoughts on LSDs? I am thinking about upgrading to a different one while my trans is apart, but not sure if it's worth it as the stock LSD in the 8th gen trans seems to work rather well IMO. I was looking at the mfactory one, anyone have experience with that one?

Feedback Score
    I took trig my senior year of high school havent been in math since, not looking forward to going back since i was once good at it but i havent used it in almost 4 years, but yes TI-89 is the shit saved my ass a few times

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I'm fucking dying to work on my car.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 30405090 ... LastLast