Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Beppe London JDM DC5 Type R K20A JRSC 7.8psi

Feedback Score
    Love the car man- i wouldnt add the AC back unless you really want it. If your getting belt slip then your belt is either worn out or you need a smaller belt. That ac compressor takes up a lot of room so my guess would be the latter. Im interested to see what your k20a can do with the aftercooler. I'll be in the same boat soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Love the car man- i wouldnt add the AC back unless you really want it. If your getting belt slip then your belt is either worn out or you need a smaller belt. That ac compressor takes up a lot of room so my guess would be the latter. Im interested to see what your k20a can do with the aftercooler. I'll be in the same boat soon...

without aircon belt route is minimal on the charger.. thats a new tight gatorback belt and its sliping only giving me 6psi boost from 7.8psi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    without aircon belt route is minimal on the charger.. thats a new tight gatorback belt and its sliping only giving me 6psi boost from 7.8psi

Did your belt get routed differently when it had the AC installed? That looks exactly like mine- except with your PS and JRSC tensioner you have like 20% coverage on the boost pulley- explains why it slips. The mercracing tensioner should fix that problem- i think his is designed for the rsx PS to offer max belt wrap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Did your belt get routed differently when it had the AC installed? That looks exactly like mine- except with your PS and JRSC tensioner you have like 20% coverage on the boost pulley- explains why it slips. The mercracing tensioner should fix that problem- i think his is designed for the rsx PS to offer max belt wrap

im using the mercracing bracket that uses the oem auto tensioner .. that ps pump on top causes the problem.. easy way is put the aircon pump back.. only weighted around 7kg.. i can live with that don't have any other choice

with aircon on belt goes down around waterpump and back up around alternator and down to aircon.. giving more grip on jrsc

Feedback Score
    im using the mercracing bracket that uses the oem auto tensioner .. that ps pump on top causes the problem.. easy way is put the aircon pump back.. only weighted around 7kg.. i can live with that don't have any other choice

with aircon on belt goes down around waterpump and back up around alternator and down to aircon.. giving more grip on jrsc
    Ahh i see. Makes sense. Mercracing also makes a replacement tensioner setup if your interested.

Feedback Score
    picture with aircon

Feedback Score
    picture with aircon

Yea i can see it now. I havnt had my AC compressor for so long now i dont even remember how the belt originally ran

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update from japshow didnt run my car as took aircon out and now getting belt slip so gonna put aircon back on as jrsc doesnt get much belt grip as belt route without aircon.. shame really as wanted to better my 12.8 run..

Still waiting for after cooler & smaller pulley from mercracing.. been 3 months.. come on jose.. lol

New Radiator..

Avid engine mount broke

That's crazy the engine mount broke!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    That's crazy the engine mount broke!
    Shouldn't have broken like that.. all other mounts are perfect and upgraded

Emailed Avid thought there mounts came with lifetime warranty.. he asked where i was in usa.. i said im in london UK and they never replied after that... maybe if i was in the US they would have sent me another mount..

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    This is why removing P/S is so beneficial... belt routing is better
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast