PDA

View Full Version : Garrett, Comp, and AEM - Available Soon!

BoostedK20
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
We will have Garret turbochargers, Comp turbochargers, and AEM products available in our shop soon! If you have any interest in specific items, let us know so we can cater to your needs!

:turbohug:

vdubkilla
11-14-2013, 09:59 PM
We will have Garret turbochargers, Comp turbochargers, and AEM products available in our shop soon! If you have any interest in specific items, let us know so we can cater to your needs!

:turbohug:

Wow Glad to hear this :yay:

monjarassi
11-14-2013, 11:01 PM
OMG thank lord AEM will be part of our store i need 2 gauges soon

ksboi
11-15-2013, 03:08 PM
I see I got some competition lol good stuff

Frostydc5
11-15-2013, 04:48 PM
AEM is great their customer service is top notch!

echo3gulf
11-15-2013, 05:36 PM
damn I just ordered two new gauges from aem. Maybe Precision?

BoostedK20
11-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I see I got some competition lol good stuff

Let me know when you need a job. ;)

1JZ_Type-S
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
damn I just ordered two new gauges from aem. Maybe Precision?

This. Especially (if possible) rebuild kits for Precision, Garett, Holset, etc. turbos

Spoolin_VTEC
11-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of Precision. Garrett is used in more OEM applications than any other turbocharger. And that goes a LONG way for me. Company and product development, customer service, product recognition, research, design, development, the works. COMP is phenomenal as well. All billet everything, triple ball-bearing (step up from Garrett) and the results to prove it.

No offense to Precision, but I think they're known in the aftermarket industry (turbocharger wise) because they're cheaper and have gotten both good and bad raps (tons of bad for the journals, and mainly good for the ball-bearing.)

1JZ_Type-S
11-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Interesting. I've been running a journal @13 psi for 4 years on my DD & haven't had any issues. I've heard that many internal parts of Precision turbos are interchangeable with Garett parts. I'm hoping to upgrade from my Precision ceramic parts, but I'm not confident enough to open up my own turbo.

aLmk
11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of Precision. Garrett is used in more OEM applications than any other turbocharger. And that goes a LONG way for me. Company and product development, customer service, product recognition, research, design, development, the works. COMP is phenomenal as well. All billet everything, triple ball-bearing (step up from Garrett) and the results to prove it.

No offense to Precision, but I think they're known in the aftermarket industry (turbocharger wise) because they're cheaper and have gotten both good and bad raps (tons of bad for the journals, and mainly good for the ball-bearing.)
Ya I agree, I'd much rather have turbo made by an OEM than by an aftermarket 'knock-off' company. The precisions I think are so preferred in the aftermarket industry because they are much cheaper, and the journal bearing ones can be rebuilt, whereas Garrett turbos (nearly all are ball bearing at this point) are not really rebuildable. Race teams I'm sure like to be able to quickly rebuild their turbos if necessary, but I for my DD want something a little more proven.

BoostedK20
11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Ya I agree, I'd much rather have turbo made by an OEM than by an aftermarket 'knock-off' company. The precisions I think are so preferred in the aftermarket industry because they are much cheaper, and the journal bearing ones can be rebuilt, whereas Garrett turbos (nearly all are ball bearing at this point) are not really rebuildable. Race teams I'm sure like to be able to quickly rebuild their turbos if necessary, but I for my DD want something a little more proven.
Very much agreed. However, Garrett does offer a Ball Bearing Replacement Program:

Ball Bearing Service Program

Garrett takes great pride in the quality of its turbochargers and tests them extensively. However, sometimes the unthinkable happens and a turbo fails. Garrett now provides the option to exchange a failed CHRA for credit on a new CHRA at an affordable price!

The program requires you take the following steps:

1. Make sure your unit is covered by the program by contacting a Garrett Performance Distributor or Garrett Performance House.
2. Send your used CHRA* to one of Garrett's Performance Distributors for inspection.
3. Purchase a new CHRA at a discounted price!

*At a minimum, the center housing must be re-usable to qualify for this program. The Garrett Performance Distributor or Garrett Performance House will determine the condition upon receiving the CHRA and has final say in the applicability of a CHRA for this program.This program is available ONLY through North American distributors.

Of course, depending on the situation depends on how this goes. If you install a turbocharger properly and it's simply a rare mishap of the product itself (as opposed to boosting hard and turning the car off immediately, or any other type of obvious product misuse/neglect), they have phenomenal customer support and would offer the customer the right option.

aLmk
11-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Very much agreed. However, Garrett does offer a Ball Bearing Replacement Program:

Of course, depending on the situation depends on how this goes. If you install a turbocharger properly and it's simply a rare mishap of the product itself (as opposed to boosting hard and turning the car off immediately, or any other type of obvious product misuse/neglect), they have phenomenal customer support and would offer the customer the right option.
Yea I know about that, but those CHRA are like $500, not really a rebuild, when each housing is ~$300, that puts you at ~$1200 for a turbo charger, so you are pretty much buying a new one without the housings. Whereas a rebuild kit for a journal bearing turbo is quite cheap.

Si Speed 317
11-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Yea I know about that, but those CHRA are like $500, not really a rebuild, when each housing is ~$300, that puts you at ~$1200 for a turbo charger, so you are pretty much buying a new one without the housings. Whereas a rebuild kit for a journal bearing turbo is quite cheap.
Well, it depends on the turbo. Can be anywhere from a 25-50% discount off a normal CHRA. But you'll likely never have an issue with a ball-bearing turbo from Garrett. Most of the people who do are the ones who did something wrong (whether installation, driveability, etc) and won't own up to it. Plus, all the ball-bearing turbos surpass the journals. Making more power, quicker spool, more reliable, but more expensive. You know the saying, "Cheap, fast, reliable: Pick two."

Garrett also has journals too ;)

BoostedK20
11-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Well, it depends on the turbo. Can be anywhere from a 25-50% discount off a normal CHRA. But you'll likely never have an issue with a ball-bearing turbo from Garrett. Most of the people who do are the ones who did something wrong (whether installation, driveability, etc) and won't own up to it. Plus, all the ball-bearing turbos surpass the journals. Making more power, quicker spool, more reliable, but more expensive. You know the saying, "Cheap, fast, reliable: Pick two."

I would say on average 50%. Then again, I've installed and used many ball-bearing GT-R and GTX-R turbochargers without an issue. You both know that CHRA housings go for ~$1,000 on average?

aLmk
11-21-2013, 11:30 PM

And that's the key right there. The whole point of what I was saying is, getting a new CHRA isn't really 'rebuilding' the turbo, it's replacing the turbo minus the housings. BUT you should hardly ever have to do that with a GT/X turbo.

vdubkilla
11-22-2013, 12:46 AM
I love my Garrett Turbo have owned 2 Garrett's' and one Borg Warner all have been flawless. I had one minor issue with my 35r that was my fault and it they checked it out and did not charge me to do so .