PDA

View Full Version : Oil feed suggestions

Lilwhit14
10-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Ok guys so I bought an oil sandwich plate so I could have multiple spots to hook up to. One for my oil feed and one for my oil pressure gauge. Problem is, the sandwich plate is leaking massive amounts of oil on the filter side and need a new idea while I've got the subframe dropped. Anyone have any suggestions?

vdubkilla
10-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Well why is it leaking and why not just install a new oil sandwich plate ? I run the golden eagle sandwich plate and I have had to replace the gasket on the block side of it once but all I did was call GE and ordered 3 of them so I have a few spares in case it happens again .

1JZ_Type-S
10-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Out of curiosity, which plate are you using?

BuBBaSBuBBLE
10-29-2013, 11:43 PM
i have the BWR sandwich plate.. hopefully that doesn't give me a problem...

ksboi
10-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Pics please

Si Speed 317
10-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Ok guys so I bought an oil sandwich plate so I could have multiple spots to hook up to. One for my oil feed and one for my oil pressure gauge. Problem is, the sandwich plate is leaking massive amounts of oil on the filter side and need a new idea while I've got the subframe dropped. Anyone have any suggestions?

Post pics so we can tell you. May be installed wrong, also you may have not plugged the other ports properly, etc etc.

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Well why is it leaking and why not just install a new oil sandwich plate ? I run the golden eagle sandwich plate and I have had to replace the gasket on the block side of it once but all I did was call GE and ordered 3 of them so I have a few spares in case it happens again .

It's leaking from the oil filter. Like it's not completely seared but I can turn the filter anymore.

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Seated

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Can't turn

vdubkilla
10-30-2013, 10:04 AM
It's leaking from the oil filter. Like it's not completely seared but I can turn the filter anymore.

I'd have to look closer at that is the oil sandwich plate is tight to the block ? The filter it isn't double gasketed is it ? Meaning an old gasket was stuck on there from an old filter when the new filter was installed or did the new filter have a good gasket ? Have you tried another filter ? I haven't really had any issues for the most part with mine its made by Golden Eagle .If yours is leaking it's pretty well gotta be a gasket issue one one of the sides of the oil sandwich plate or it isn't tight as it shouldn't leak massive amounts of oil . Who makes the plate your using out of curiosity ?

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:15 AM
I'd have to look closer at that is the oil sandwich plate is tight to the block ? The filter it isn't double gasketed is it ? Meaning an old gasket was stuck on there from an old filter when the new filter was installed or did the new filter have a good gasket ? Have you tried another filter ? I haven't really had any issues for the most part with mine its made by Golden Eagle .If yours is leaking it's pretty well gotta be a gasket issue one one of the sides of the oil sandwich plate or it isn't tight as it shouldn't leak massive amounts of oil . Who makes the plate your using out of curiosity ?

Which golden eagle one did you get? I'm just guna go that route

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Like are they vehicle specific or universal? I'm seeing ones that say lsvtec

vdubkilla
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Which golden eagle one did you get? I'm just guna go that route

Its been a while since I bought mine but I believe it was this one as it has 2 ports http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/GEM-GVC100-P that way you have one port for the turbo feed and the other for an oil pressure gauge .

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:27 AM
The only I'm seeing when searching golden eagle are the lsvtec ones. Do you have a part number or a website you got yours from? I'm just tired of leaking oil. It's caused me to have to replace my wiring harness bc oil is just everywhere and I think that's why my car is throwing an ecu failure code

vdubkilla
10-30-2013, 10:29 AM
The only I'm seeing when searching golden eagle are the lsvtec ones. Do you have a part number or a website you got yours from? I'm just tired of leaking oil. It's caused me to have to replace my wiring harness bc oil is just everywhere and I think that's why my car is throwing an ecu failure code

The link I posted shows ya the one you need to get if you read the description it tells you that it has 2 oil ports one for a clean filtered connection for the turbo oil feed .Just ask them to be sure when ya order it but I'm pretty certain that's is the correct one .

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Ok. And I'm assuming it works the same way, oil filter screws in to that as well. I appreciate it. Hopefully this fixes everything after the new wiring harness

Lilwhit14
10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
I got the bwr one off eBay. Don't know why it's not working. I'll order some extra I rings with it. Thanks.