EP3 6spd OEM LSD
ORC509D clutch
Hasport mounts
ktuned fuel rail
550cc injectors
255 walbro
SARD FPR
hondata Kpro

Looking to lightly boost the car but also will be dailying it. Just wanting to know what set up is reliable. I hear you can keep the entire engine stock running low boost but i havent heard much about how long the engine lasted.

At the moment i understand i will need to upgrade;

Injectors, possibly fuel pump to the 500lph, full race manifold, (unsure of which turbo atm), ic piping, wastegate, BOV, and Intercooler, dump pipe and down pipe. Oh and most likely get driveshaft shop shafts for reliability.

You dont see many kswaps or turbo kseries builds here, so seeking advice locally is really difficult. Im looking to run a reliable turbo set up that will keep the internals safely within its limits so 450whp?

My biggest issue is sourcing these parts and deciding on what turbo and wastegate, im crazy lost at all the specs turbos come in!!

Open to opinions and help cheers in advance guys :)

Oh and the manifold layouts, went and had a look at the full race site and all these options to pick from, so lost haha

MajorWeak
10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
As for the stock motor concern. Not only am I on a stock motor but I have see many make great numbers on stock internals. 400+, 500+ push up to 20+psi. Daily driving those numbers will cause serious issues. So if keeping the internals stock is your plan. Low boost is your best bet. Now you can of course turn it up and have some fun on the track, but no one needs a 450HP daily driver.

aLmk
10-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I think the stock motor will last quite a while as long as power is kept at 450whp or less. 400-450 is a really nice spot imo.

boosted_teg
10-20-2013, 02:11 AM
pffft i got 505whp daily driver ;) but more like 380 in 1-2, 415 in 3rd and all 505 in 4th .

It depends on how well its tuned, and how well you take care of it. Basic maintenance and dont beat on it at every red light, it'll last

peterwho
10-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah im aiming for around 350whp nothing insane, and later down the road ill build the motor to handle a bit more. What kind of turbo should i consider for my plans that will spool quickly and are a quality manufacturer :)

vdubkilla
10-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah im aiming for around 350whp nothing insane, and later down the road ill build the motor to handle a bit more. What kind of turbo should i consider for my plans that will spool quickly and are a quality manufacturer :)

Garrett gt3076r is a very good quality very fast spooling street turbo capable of 450+ hp but will easily make your 350 goal and makes for a very fun ride .

aLmk
10-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Garrett gt3076r is a very good quality very fast spooling street turbo capable of 450+ hp but will easily make your 350 goal and makes for a very fun ride .
I agree, it seems the newer GTX3071 has become a slightly better choice as it will make just as much power if not a tad more, and will spool even a tad bit quicker.

peterwho
10-20-2013, 09:49 AM
I was considering that, as it will still allow for more power down the road. Will use a .62 turbine housing

What do you people recommend with regards to vbands and undivided or divided exhaust outlets. Too many options its confusing haha

boosted_teg
10-20-2013, 11:24 AM
are you wanting 450 on pump gas down the road?