PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing: tell us how it's done!

fre$h si
04-09-2011, 06:41 AM
How do you guys get down! Is it purley highway runs only w/ your crew blocking off traffic from behind? How do you go about getting your money? Better yet what's the cash limit? And how do you prevent losers from taking off before paying up? Do you look for a good race or for a hustle? From locking it up to paying up, tell us how you do!
:vtec:

Si Speed 317
04-09-2011, 09:43 AM
I have done many street races before, but it's never been for money. Most of the time, it's a random race when someone pulls up next to me on the highway. So far, I have only lost to a z06. I've beaten is300s,g35/37s, vettes, g8's, the list goes on. A lot of v8's lose pretty badly. But, I really want to have more of an edge, so I'll be upgrading my setup soon. There have been a few times where 10-15 of us get together and roll out for races. We have the fastest three cars up front, and the rest behind to keep traffic back. The first three go whatever speed they'd like, and they go! Tons of fun, no trouble yet (Thankfully :pray:)
I'd love to hear other people's stories about racing, especially for money :iorun:

fre$h si
04-09-2011, 11:52 PM
How do u comepare to those gt35 rsx's?
And do u do any digs? It'd be nice to make some money after dumping so much in to the cars :(

Common some other ppl have to chime in I know the ppl of boosted k20 aren't pussys that obey the law lol

Spaz
04-10-2011, 01:39 AM
In my town there is a big muscle car crew that does it deep and they like to invite our big import racers to play. They go out to their few select spots and before hand pour corn starch or something like that if I remember all over the ground. Shit gets sticky just like at the track it's amazing. But the big dogs don't believe in roll racing.

PetefromtheStreets
04-10-2011, 01:39 AM
I have a bunch of races on YouTube. I've ran a built Audi RS6 (v8 twin turbo). A Sti. A turbo accord. A type r swapped civic coupe. trans am ws6. A 07 Si. Srt-4's. Beamer M3's. All from digs. I don't do roll races. And I don't race for free. If I gotta risk my license I'm getting paid for it.

We get together most nights of the week and set up races through Facebook. We have groups from different areas that all come to a common spot to set things up. Once we set up a race we have a neutral party member who didn't put money in hold the pot (money). We go and wait for a break in traffic and pull out do the burnouts in our water we pour out and line em up if space was given they get set out. a "chase is a race" for us. And if it's not on video it didn't happen so it's always video'd. After the pass has been made we go back to the common spot and get paid. We have what we call "race promoters". They are the ones that set the races up. In all seriousness it's like being ludacris in the 2nd fast n furious. He set up the races and holds the money. We have ppl from other states coming here some nights because the business is good. We don't bull shit. We all come out to play so you gotta bring your A game.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
04-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Wow that's sick. Over in my area all the big dogs do roll races but when money is envolved it's pretty descrete so I don't really know how that part goes down.

Adam, what usually the minimum when racing?

PetefromtheStreets
04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow that's sick. Over in my area all the big dogs do roll races but when money is envolved it's pretty descrete so I don't really know how that part goes down.

Adam, what usually the minimum when racing?

I won't race for less then $400. But some ppl's is set at 2k. But those are the serious old heads who have been doing that for 15-20years.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
04-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Are the cars that run In the hundreds like purely 10 sec cars or do u see12-13 cara too?

Si Speed 317
04-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow, I really never raced for money before. This is interesting! Keep posting up guys lol

PetefromtheStreets
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Are the cars that run In the hundreds like purely 10 sec cars or do u see12-13 cara too?

My car is a 11.90 car and I run for good money. I seen ppl drop 2000 total from both sides but still allot of money for a couple all motor 11-12 sec cars. The slower the car you pick the lower the money basically. But it also depends on what ppl are racing.

It's really about how many ppl are there to put money in.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
^ Post up the vids of your car doing 11.9, I'd love to see it! This forum allows street racing talk and videos and street pulls but no one posts them up lol

PetefromtheStreets
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
^ Post up the vids of your car doing 11.9, I'd love to see it! This forum allows street racing talk and videos and street pulls but no one posts them up lol

I posted it up in my build thread. But here it is again.

I actually cut a 1.7 60' oh and my friends are really loud lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtJt_fGpGeA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

330whp dyno pull from dyno day of 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsUykGhtx4Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tapatalk FTMFW!

PetefromtheStreets
04-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I believe the link for my 11.98 pass isn't working but if it isn't go to YouTube and type in my username
"06rsexy" and scroll down to "RSX 1/4 mile" and you'll see it.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

The Good DOHCtor
04-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Your car setup is really good for racing from a dig. With enough power to get you moving, but not enough to break loose, it hauls. What transmission mods and axles are you running? Any upgrades at all to prevent breakage from the hard launches?

Si Speed 317
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
^ Isn't rotrex almost instant boost and more powerful in the lower-mid power band than turbos?

fg2onboost
04-14-2011, 09:22 AM
^ Isn't rotrex almost instant boost and more powerful in the lower-mid power band than turbos?

no.

look at a dyno graph for a rotrex k20 they make no tourqe and there is basically nothing untill 7k rpms.

tony rouths c-30 rotrex car makes 350whp on 14psi with watermeth injection and it doesnt really starting seeing 300+ untill well into 6800+ RPMs.

PetefromtheStreets
04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Your car setup is really good for racing from a dig. With enough power to get you moving, but not enough to break loose, it hauls. What transmission mods and axles are you running? Any upgrades at all to prevent breakage from the hard launches?

That was when I was making only 330whp. My car had no problems hooking in first at the track. On the street there was major spinning.

My car only made 250trq when tuned and I know Tony Routh. He lives near me. I wet him up with that kit cuz he was waiting on kraftwerks. And where are they now? Still haven't released a kit.

My car runs as if it were NA the way it builds power. Here's my dyno

http://tapa.tk/mu/a6890869-0213-9c95.jpg

Torque on this dyno didn't work well when graphed that's why it's not there.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-14-2011, 11:21 AM
That's crazy, I had absolutely NO clue it was like that. Really thought otherwise lol. Still awesome though! Makes me wonder how ImportDPS's car "made 350whp on only the low cam" :rotfl:

PetefromtheStreets
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
That's crazy, I had absolutely NO clue it was like that. Really thought otherwise lol. Still awesome though! Makes me wonder how ImportDPS's car "made 350whp on only the low cam" :rotfl:

They had a built motor. And cams. My car was completely factory at this stage for this graph.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Still, is that enough to make THAT much power that low?

PetefromtheStreets
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Still, is that enough to make THAT much power that low?

Do you have a link to the thread you read that in? I'm pretty knowledgable about the rotrex and it's capabilities on a k series.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I'll look for it and post it up, I know they locked it because of the arguing that went on

PetefromtheStreets
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
I'll look for it and post it up, I know they locked it because of the arguing that went on

Could be some BS numbers. But another guy in Greece that made 370 on his low cam on a ips spec k24/20.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Oh shit, link?

PetefromtheStreets
04-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh shit, link?

Gimmie 5 minutes I look for it.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

PetefromtheStreets
04-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok so my memory was incorrect. Here is the link.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69798

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Yea about 240whp, still good though. More than most NA K20's

PetefromtheStreets
04-15-2011, 10:42 PM
DPS has some major claims to back up.

Si Speed 317
04-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Yea, big time. They said they'll be at Honda Day, so let's see what goes down!

PetefromtheStreets
04-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Yea, big time. They said they'll be at Honda Day, so let's see what goes down!

Bring a boosted k20 shirt. I'll buy it off you there. Idc what color. I wear a large or xl. Either or. I'm calling DPS out.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey Adm, u don't have tranny problems from launching?

PetefromtheStreets
04-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey Adm, u don't have tranny problems from launching?

Not any as of yet? But some real Whp launches are soon to come so we'll see about that soon.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Lol so I'm assuming that when u race for cash u have to go REALLY easy on it?

Speedy
04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
For us what we have always done is, a person from each side goes in 1 car to the finish line both carrying each sides money. They see first hand who wins and exchange the money.

PetefromtheStreets
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Lol so I'm assuming that when u race for cash u have to go REALLY easy on it?

No not at all lol. Check out my videos in my build thread. I don't want to thread jack this one with my garbage. Lol

@speedy

That's great and all if you trust the ppl enough that they'll pay up if they loose. Where I'm from ppl are Grimey as shit. Thats why we have a neutral pot holder who holds both sides and hands the money over only AFTER a video or majority vote (or a clear decision) has taken Place.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Speedy
04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
No not at all lol. Check out my videos in my build thread. I don't want to thread jack this one with my garbage. Lol

@speedy

That's great and all if you trust the ppl enough that they'll pay up if they loose. Where I'm from ppl are Grimey as shit. Thats why we have a neutral pot holder who holds both sides and hands the money over only AFTER a video or majority vote (or a clear decision) has taken Place.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Its not always great lol, theres still a lot of arguing after each race and some dont pay up. It might be a lil different now but i doubt it, I dont go to the local street races anymore b/c its gotten blown up and you'll be lucky to be at a spot for an hour until cops come.

PetefromtheStreets
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Its not always great lol, theres still a lot of arguing after each race and some dont pay up. It might be a lil different now but i doubt it, I dont go to the local street races anymore b/c its gotten blown up and you'll be lucky to be at a spot for an hour until cops come.

That's how it used to be for us until only the ppl who actually did the racing decided to not tell the dumbass ppl who do burnouts n shit in the parking lots where we met up. We've changed spots like ppl change clothes...on the daily.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

vdubkilla
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I just try to sleep on people love when a domestic pulls next to me and revs lmao in my mind knowing they are about to get stomped .Never raced for money only for fun and its generally random

Si Speed 317
04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
^ Same here. I can't wait for my new setup, I want to beat my friend's Supra :rotfl:

poisonova
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
We pretty much do it the same way someone else said in here, the 3 biggest cars of the night line up on the 4 lane highway and everyone picks their partners behind them. After a few pulls of that, we head to the destination of the night to do some country side dig races.

And man if your 330whp rsx with slicks is doing 11.9 I cant wait to see what happens when I get my slicks mounted on some spare wheels lol. I'm worried for my axel when I turn the boost beyond my 398@7lbs.

At 7lbs on the full race kit, I'm already smoking fully bolted 6.0 gtos, evos and sti's lol. We got a red single turbo super as well with like a 62 trim in it that I blow out of the water too, it's sad because I think the twin was faster :/

PetefromtheStreets
04-25-2011, 08:22 PM
We pretty much do it the same way someone else said in here, the 3 biggest cars of the night line up on the 4 lane highway and everyone picks their partners behind them. After a few pulls of that, we head to the destination of the night to do some country side dig races.

And man if your 330whp rsx with slicks is doing 11.9 I cant wait to see what happens when I get my slicks mounted on some spare wheels lol. I'm worried for my axel when I turn the boost beyond my 398@7lbs.

At 7lbs on the full race kit, I'm already smoking fully bolted 6.0 gtos, evos and sti's lol. We got a red single turbo super as well with like a 62 trim in it that I blow out of the water too, it's sad because I think the twin was faster :/

I believe my car is the only one(RSX) to run an 11.9 with only 330 Whp. Right now i have the second fastest supercharged rsx in the nation with that time. And I'd love to see your times.

And what motor are on boosting? K24? k20? High compression? That's allot of power for 7lbs.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
:ohsnap:

PetefromtheStreets
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
THE fastest without nitrous.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

poisonova
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I have a 06 SI. It's a complete full race gt35r kit. The manifold and downpipe are solid and flow so well, plus full races intercooler is very efficient. If imagine I'll hve tranny issues if I put Mickies on for a pass though, I spin a lot right now but that's mostly due to my nitto invos being bald from horrible camber.

You must be able to launch it very nice to pull a speed like that. I don't do too many dig races because I'm just always worried since it's my DD for now haha. Oh and I have a comp stg4 clutch that loves to be launched, I'm interested in times as well if I can spank my friends 12 sec gto

PetefromtheStreets
04-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Ok. I seen your car in the ROTM thread. Nice car. I run on M&H 24.5x8.5 15's slicks

I have the exact same clutch as you do but I will soon be needing a new type. I do a lot of dig racing. For me it challenges my ability to make due with what traction I have while beating the car next to me. And I don't do just random pulls on the highway vs Cadillacs and all that. Lol. I save it for the vetted and trans ams.

But be sure to let us know what times you manage. To put things in perspective I ran 12.98 @ 111 on my street tires. 2.1 60'. Spaz beat my street tire times. Lol.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I still have yet to go down the 1/4 mile. Let's bring drag chat over to the drag racing section :thumb:

PetefromtheStreets
04-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Ok. So I made a drag chat thread.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Posted :thumb: :backtotopic:

poisonova
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
The only thing I dislike about thisclutch is it's way too heavy duty lol. If you aren't launching quick, it has so much clutch chatter, at least for me, maybe k suck but I called comp and asked and theysaid it's normal lol.

So you are saying slicks helped you a crap ton huh? That's very good to know, at the least I'll buy some radials instead of using my slicks, I don't want instant hook or I'm for sure to rip the tranny out heh. How long you been supercharged?

Oh and one question with your clutch. Did you use everything that came with the box? Like the throw out bearing? Or did you use the old throw out? Because I have the loudest noise coming from my tran housing, it's been going on for a few months but the car still hold strong so I'm curious what it is

PetefromtheStreets
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes slicks dropped me an entire second off my 1/4 times.

I don't like radials. But that's just me.

I think playing it east by preloading and feathering out the clutch in 2nd will save your trans.....at least for a while. Lol

I've been supercharged for about 9 months now.

And yes mine get that chatter awell. It's kinda annoying too lol. Yea I used everything that came in the box but I've had no issue with noise. I'm guessing the noise stops when you push in on the clutch? 9 times outta 10 it's the throw out bearing. An I've seen it happen from the input shaft not being lubricated slightly with grease to allow a smooth surface and same with the pivot point on the lever attached to the throw out bearing.
Tapatalk FTMFW!

poisonova
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
The weird thing is the sound doesn't stop at all when I push the clutch in. It's extremely loud. Although my friend put a cam into the tranny and he said the TOB has more play in it than normal.

PetefromtheStreets
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Could be that the bearing has went bad. Did you lubricate the input shaft when reinstalling everything? I believe they just send you an oem bearing with the kit but I'm not entirely sure.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

poisonova
04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Nah I called competition and they said it's one of theirs. My friend said it may be too small for our tranny or something which would be the reason there's too much play. So I bought a oem one. It just sucks paying 400 dollars to drop the tranny :(

PetefromtheStreets
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
400 bucks for what? Drop it yourself

Tapatalk FTMFW!

poisonova
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Screw that lol, dropping a tranny on jacks would make me kill myself, mostly because I have no experience with transmissions what so ever.

Anyone see fast five yet???!?

fre$h si
05-22-2011, 08:09 PM
i know we probally all have escaped the cops during a raid or wtv when they r chasing a million of us, but has anyone ever out ran a cop when the cop was focused on getting your car???

PetefromtheStreets
05-23-2011, 10:53 AM
^guilty^ I had my accord at the time.
I had a built h22a in it and the car was setup for autocross. I couldn't out run a radio on the highway so I cut down some really sharp back roads that could go a million ways and I took them all over the effing place and hopped back on a different highway an cruised on home.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
05-23-2011, 11:01 PM
I've honestly never had the balls to do that. I fear losing my license, so I'll pull over. :hiding:

PetefromtheStreets
05-23-2011, 11:55 PM
For me it depends on the head start I have. If he's sitting there off on the side and i fly by doing 100mph and still pulling you can bet your ass I'll be outta there real quick. lol

I'll pull over for the dumb stuff (ie: burn out, typical 10-15mph speeding, and basically if I have the slicks on too.) Cuz trying to run on those would be retarded. Lol

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
05-24-2011, 12:10 AM
ive had a couple experiences but i got lucky. once a hellicopter got on me and my boy...it we went till the street T'd off, he went right and i went left and wel.....my car wasnt sitting in the impound for 30 days lol

and a few weeks ago i was on the freeway and i got rolled but when my friend squeezed between us i turned off my lites and stepped on it!!

but i highly suggest walkie talkies for everyone

Si Speed 317
05-24-2011, 12:17 AM
For me it depends on the head start I have. If he's sitting there off on the side and i fly by doing 100mph and still pulling you can bet your ass I'll be outta there real quick. lol

I'll pull over for the dumb stuff (ie: burn out, typical 10-15mph speeding, and basically if I have the slicks on too.) Cuz trying to run on those would be retarded. Lol

Tapatalk FTMFW!
Wow, yea that's true. If I had a big head start I'd think about just going for it and saying **** it lol. Regular stuff I always pull over for though (as you can tell)

ive had a couple experiences but i got lucky. once a hellicopter got on me and my boy...it we went till the street T'd off, he went right and i went left and wel.....my car wasnt sitting in the impound for 30 days lol

and a few weeks ago i was on the freeway and i got rolled but when my friend squeezed between us i turned off my lites and stepped on it!!

but i highly suggest walkie talkies for everyone
Walkie Talkies are dope in general. I should rock one at the supermarket or something to get practice in :rotfl:

fre$h si
05-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Haha ya I kno. The only part that sucks is ur crew needs to buy walkies too & most ppl don't realize that their needed till they get cought...WHICH REMINDS ME!!!

Another time way back when I first put in my header I raced a friend and a cop pulled me over (back when I was dumb and didn't care where I raced) & he pretty much said how he saw me & I admited I was racing & that I'm so dumb blah blah blah & it ended which him saying do u want a $1800+ ticket or do I wanna get chewed out? & then he gave me a lecture on what woulda happened if I died

Free again! :woot:

PetefromtheStreets
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Walkie talkies are deff a nice thing to have. Me and my crew use em to 1) make sure there isn't any foul play in a street race (like if I set out a car 10 lengths I can't tell if he's creeping.)
And 2) for it the cops make an appearance. We tried the whole police scanner thing and it's not that easy. They have different bands to click over to to give us false hope for a cop free night.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

fre$h si
05-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Ya I love walkies. The only thing that sucks is that since I live in cali there's interference like a mo fo and 20 mile walkie talkies only really work a lil over a half mile

Si Speed 317
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Wow, that's insane. Theres a video online about how they're cracking down on street racing in cali, but its from 07. Are they still hard on you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmjVKlCHB0
OnmjVKlCHB0

BUSHGUTS
06-20-2011, 01:05 AM
thats awful. why do they need to crush the cars for. they can do better things with them. its heartwrenching to see such a beautiful car destroyed. i hate the law.

PetefromtheStreets
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Yea I've seen these videos way back and thought to myself...what if I ha to watch my car get crushed...

fre$h si
07-19-2011, 02:31 AM
dam im late..... but my friends car was crushed in that vid.. and the junk yard is just minutes from my house