PDA

View Full Version : Loud bang from suspension

Jay Si
04-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Question for anyone who can help. I've had my 06 si for almost a year. And when I first got it I was launching at a light and when I dumped the clutch I hear and felt a loud bang come from both sides of my suspension. Then yesterday it happend for the second time, when I was doing burnout a heard a bang from the right side. I want to say it was the suspension extending or retracting fully but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever heard it or no what it is? Info please.

PetefromtheStreets
04-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Could be wheel hop, or your exhaust hitting underneath the car. Wheel hop sounds horrible and can do horrible things as well. Do you have stock motor mounts? How about LCA bushings as well, those stock too?

Jay Si
04-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Yes everything is stock. No it wasn't wheel hop though. Idk what it was, it freaks me out though.

Si Speed 317
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Sounds like your rear shock bottomed out. In fact I'm certain thats what it was. Used to happen to me when I had aftermarket springs on my oem shocks. Not a big deal, but you should probably upgrade your suspension. How many miles are on the car? And you bought it used correct?

PetefromtheStreets
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I'd think it could be the motor mounts need upgraded because the exhaust could be hitting under the car.

Si Speed 317
04-29-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd think it could be the motor mounts need upgraded because the exhaust could be hitting under the car.

Thats true, it could be that too. Very possible.

Jay Si
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes I bought it used with 64,000 and now I'm up to almost 80k. I really think it was came from the suspension, but idk it could be either one. I deff plan on upgrading the suspension and motor mounts. Thanks guys