vtec killer rocker arms k20a2 cams
Rbc and k20a2 throttle body
ebay 44mm waste gate
ebay obx sidewinder manifold
ebay gt4202
k-pro
Ep3 5 speed quaife diff
506whp at 9.5 psi pump gas 93 octane 7800rpm redline
I am not easy on this car. I go threw tires like others go threw motors reliability is all in the tune. Daily driven to work 50000 miles on this setup. Most of its nightly duties are roll races against local American cars lol.
Been driving this setup for 5 plus year amazingly reliable and was tuned by me. If anyone would like me to look over there tune i will do so for free. I have tuned over 500 kseries setups in the last 7 years. Majority of tune work i have seen work well full throttle is close and part throttle is terrible. Cars tuned on the dyno dont work well on the street due to wind resistance and wheel spin. What i mean by this is when on a dyno there is no wind and ur strapped down also most of the time the hood is open. Then driving on the street and going at speed the car is pushing threw the wind hood closed. Roll down the window at 100mph and stick ur hand out feel that resistance imagine the entire front of ur car. The best tunes are done threw datalogs they represent what is happening in the engine while actually driving. I have tuned for autocross teams, drag cars, and street racers, i use the dyno to get close but final tunes are always done using datalogs from the track or street. Sick of tuners getting close and ripping people off. So if u want me to double check any of your tunes i will for free time to let some golden info out there for the k pro community i have been on k20a.org for a very long time doing this same thing never had a user unhappy always made improvements that they were happy with 100 percent of the time. I always go the extra mile just the way i do it. :wow::yay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sw6Aplqrvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdC8yXBj5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1DLHma4RUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4P75Ueh-Y

vdubkilla
02-28-2013, 03:06 PM
506 hp on 9 lbs at only 7800 rpms 50000 miles with e bay parts I am no tuner but I'd have to say that seems a little hard to believe :bsflag:

flipsx3
02-28-2013, 03:14 PM
74 mm turbo doesn't take much to make big power k24 stock bottom end hence the 7800rpm i have dealt with alot of ebay haters they get mad when i make more power than there 6000 dollar build using ebay parts lol the fact is it works and works very well. Like u said ur no tuner!!!!

vdubkilla
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Your right I am no tuner nor do I want anyone who runs e bay parts tuning my car .I simply think your numbers are inflated and find it hard to believe your making that kind of power "reliably" on e bay junk and stock parts .

vdubkilla
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm probably coming across improperly but I looked at your links and only saw vids of a burn out on street tires ,a short two step , an aem wideband reading at idle and a 1980s song :giggle: Post up a dyno vid or the dyno plot from the tune .I agree 100% with most tuners being horrible at part throttle I have been tuned by the supposed best yet at times seems like they have been the worst .I am anxious to see your plot and apologize if I have come off improperly .I just wanna see some solid proof although I still wouldn't think of running e bay parts on my build if I expect a quality car thats gonna hold up and be "reliable ".

flipsx3
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm probably coming across improperly but I looked at your links and only saw vids of a burn out on street tires ,a short two step , an aem wideband reading at idle and a 1980s song :giggle: Post up a dyno vid or the dyno plot from the tune .I agree 100% with most tuners being horrible at part throttle I have been tuned by the supposed best yet at times seems like they have been the worst .I am anxious to see your plot and apologize if I have come off improperly .I just wanna see some solid proof although I still wouldn't think of running e bay parts on my build if I expect a quality car thats gonna hold up and be "reliable ".

I have worked with dynos for ten years and can produce a dyno graph that reads any amount of power. Dyno graphs are far from proof. I like that song. U are coming across as improper. I accept ur appoligy. If you dont like my build or how i do things please refrain from filling my thread with ur opinions you said your 2 cents. Every person i have ever worked with has appreciated what i've done for them. Like i said i do it for free if you would like me to check your part throttle maps let me know i can smooth them out for you. Then make your opinion of my skills for others to review.

If you buy a Rolex or a Timex they both still tell time.

vdubkilla
02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Certainly a Dyno can be manipulated and the best proof of power is at the track .I liked that song as well and probably have a few years on ya anyway :shrug: .I didn't mean to knock your skills or your build in particular just don't like e bay knock off parts and would love to see a dyno vid or a pull at the track and a time slip .My car is not tuned yet with the new build but will very soon be. If I have problems I'll consider your looking at it and consider your input .If I buy a Rolex or a Timex hmmmmm to be honest I'd rather have the Timex for reliability sake .Buying the most expensive certainly doesn't mean its the best but I like tried true and tested components from solid well known companies that have been in the industry and work well .Ok i am off to the hardware store for a few bolts somehow I misplaced the bolts for the traction bar over the past year or so ...

flipsx3
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I have never ran my car at the track . Its really just my daily. I do have many v-box runs of the car going sub 6 second 60-130 times and 0-60 times right around 4.0 sec on 235 50 15 toyo r888s. Good luck with your build and If you ever want me to look at a tune just let me know.

monjarassi
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
props to u man for having that OBX manifold and backing up what it can dew, seen u on k20a and respect your work manne

flipsx3
02-28-2013, 09:03 PM
props to u man for having that OBX manifold and backing up what it can dew, seen u on k20a and respect your work manne

Thanks if u need anything tuning wise let me know

boosted_teg
03-01-2013, 03:43 AM
im definetly not a believer in ebay products, but like monjarassi said, respect that the product has worked for you. Maybe you're one of the lucky few that dont run into problems like others do :)

Post up some pictures of the build

flipsx3
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
I have tuned more than 15 obx sidewinder manifolds from ebay all working without a problem. 4 of which Drag the cars at the track for 3 years now and all of the others on the street. Maybe we are the lucky 15 lol. Most of those guys also used the 44 mm ebay $70$ waste gate for years now without problems. Dont hate on the ebay parts they are not all bad. Lets not argue about who spent what just nice to now there are options.
Ur setup is very nice car is so clean. If you need any help overlooking ur tune for a second opinion let me know.

We should have a post to c who has had a obx sidewinder for the k series actually fail and show some pics of the damage. I have never heard of any problems just assumptions that they are bad.

vdubkilla
03-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I saw your post on another forum and gotta apologize as you seem like a good guy with very good feedback from many people. I am sorry I doubted you or gave you a hard time man .Not to many people go out of their way to help others especially the way you have I read many good things about you and your helpfulness and abilities from some good people .I'll be in touch in the future and hope you'd be willing to help me out if need be :hail:

flipsx3
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
no prob let me know if u want me to look at anything.