PDA

View Full Version : Free k-pro datalog analysis

flipsx3
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Hello BoostedK20, I am a professional e-tuner and have been helping the community for a long time. If anyone needs a second opinion on their tune or help with there tuning problems, just post up. Not a bad idea to have me take a second look at your already tuned cars, as I have seen many fully paid tuned cars not being used to the full safe potential that k-pro can offer. Most full throttle tunes work or look okay with awful part throttle response or vice versa. Most cars tuned on the dyno are not working as well as they could being that the dyno can not simulate wind resistance that your car has to overcome in third and fourth and higher gears. Its one thing to be on a dyno in a shop with the hood open and another actually using info from a datalog going 100mph plus on the street with the hood closed with the owner actually driving. Big difference! So, I'm here to help.

You can post your datalogs and calibrations here, just attach them to your post with any questions you may have. I will post them back here, explaining what you can do to your tune so you can learn about tuning. Best of all, this is free to help the community :thumb:

flipsx3
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the review glad to clear everything up with the administrators. Glad to be helping the community.

SAX JONZ
08-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok, good deal flipsx3, I have to get a working laptop, apparently Mac isn't supported, I am having issues with part throttle, running like dogshit, then at other times just fine.
I have a rotrex charger and read that closed loop tune doesn't always work well with boost. Should I be running an open loop or is it perhaps a faulty TPS? I know you can't say until you get info from datalog. Will be uploading soon. But generally speaking...closed vs open?

04carboncivic
08-29-2013, 11:56 AM
I know this wasn't directed to me but I can give my experience. I'm not fully finished my Etune but I'm running a c38-81 on a k20a2 and when closed loop is on it seems worse, the car struggles to find a 14.7 it seems to hurt power, and runs much smoother in open loop. Again I'm only tuned on the low cams but that's been my real world experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

SAX JONZ
08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks 04CC. That's just what I was looking to hear. Now I just have to get my laptop working. Still in disbelief that kpro doesn't support Apple. Not tgat I'm a mac fanboi. But it stands to reason. Would be damned cool to be able to hook up a smartphone to datalog. I have the antique version. If I need to I guess I could send it out to "update"

Spaz
08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I need help...

My MAP is not reading boost. I have a GM 3bar and I have been trying ever setting and it runs like shit on all but one... Neetronics 2bar. But with this setting it sees no boost.

Si Speed 317
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Sounds like wiring

SAX JONZ
12-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Speaking of analyzing Kpro, what does everyone think of the new Bluetooth version that came out? Was thinking of upgrading as mine is the first version that doesn't have datalog capabilities. When attached to laptop can barely datalog more than ten seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si Speed 317
12-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Sounds like a necessary upgrade for you! I'm good with Flashpro non-bluetooth as I'm in school and don't have the time to tinker with cars right now. But if I was doing updates frequently, I'd go bluetooth

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SAX JONZ
12-20-2014, 11:45 AM
I think I'm going to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuBBaSBuBBLE
12-22-2014, 12:53 AM
my cars apart right as we speak im doing the clutch and bunch of other things so I figured this would be the best time to send my ecu out for the upgrade. Especially that im going E85. I like the whole idea of the fuel analyzer.

Si Speed 317
12-29-2014, 01:44 AM
Fuel analyzer?!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SAX JONZ
01-31-2015, 03:34 PM
Ecu is off to the races.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus, she's a heffer.