PDA

View Full Version : Fitness thread!

Boosty McDreams
02-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello errboday. I thought it might be cool to start a fitness related thread as ive been training to be a figure competitor, im a certified personal trainer, and well, i love this ish.

so a little about my fitness "journey"
I was never "fat" so to speak, but in my last two or three years of college, i went from always having been average sized around 135 (little muscle though) to blowing up to 164. Also, in July of 2011 I was in a motorcycle accident and shattered my femur at my knee joint, which in simple terms is breaking the biggest bone in the body, in the worst and hardest spot to break it, and on top of that, having a compound fracture. Needless to say this was NOT an easy recovery.I lost my job as a shot girl (lets be honest I was getting a little too pudgy for it anyways) and was not doing very well. I found a job at a local gym for the front desk, and after a couple of weeks decided I couldn't possibly continue working at a gym and not exercise. Once I started training, I realized a few things, first of all, the difference it was making in my still very painful, messed up leg, was huge and the better shape I came to be in, the easier it was for my body to deal with a bum leg. Also, something about the accomplishment in personal goals wether in weight loss, or strength was one of the best feelings I had ever had, and I knew I didn't want to give up something that made me feel so good, unfortunately, remember that motorcycle accident? Well, it wasn't over, my leg had actually healed crooked. The functionality in my knee was being compromised, I was in pain a lot still, and I was physically unable to run, or doing anything high impact. I have had to now have another corrective surgery in August of 2012, where my bone was rebroken in 2 places and put back together with an external fixator, but this didn't stop me, I dedicated myself to the gym hard prior to surgery, knowing that the better shape I was in, the easier this recovery would be for me, and 2 weeks after surgery I was already back in the gym, doing great. Bodybuilding and fitness is so important to me, because it's one of the first things I have ever found in life that I have no problem staying dedicated to, because it keeps me strong, and being strong, a body can get through anything, being strong mentally, a person can get through anything. No matter how much you have had to struggle to get something, it is well worth it in the end. Giving up would be easy, and people should think more of themselves than that.

alright so my stats now are 135, %19 body fat which is fairly low for a girl but it could be a lot better, im cutting now.

my lifting personal records:
Flat Bench: 115 for 5
DB Shoulder Press: 40s for 6
Bent over BB Rows: 115 for 6

obviously being that my leg is still healing, i dont have much in the way of squat and deadlift numbers but they are slowly climbing at a steady rate.

My current split is something like this:
Legs
Chest
Back
Shoulders and Abs
Arms
Active rest

I do 30-45 min of fasted cardio every morning, and 30-60 min post workout at night.

my supplement stack is
Multi-Vitamin
L-Carnitine
Digestive Enzymes
Dandelion Root
Creatine
various pre-workouts
Fat burner
Whey isolate
Protein blend for meal replacements or anytime during the day

so heres a thread where people can talk, ask questions, share stories, post pics and just generally talk about fitness, diet, and exercise. Its good for everyone. and what looks better than a hot person stepping out of a hot car.

exercise for weight reduction :yay: haha

heres where im at now =]

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/1552/29034517819984905379160.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/29034517819984905379160.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

boosted_teg
02-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I dont have anything to contribute to a fitness thread besides i wish i had the energy to do what you're doing.

Keep up the good work! Results definetly look good

Boosty McDreams
02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
thanks! boosted_teg

Spaz
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
damn you make me look like a lazy fat ass.... oh wait I am hahahahaha

PetefromtheStreets
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
congrats on your recovery Boosty McDreams you've overcome what would cripple many. I have a little fitness story myself but its not as amazing as yours.

I was weighing in at 176lbs, 6'1". Playing at the top of my game (basketball). I went up to block a shot and came down on the guys foot. that resulted in my ankle making a loud "pop" sound. My ankle bone touched the floor with my leg straight up still. Went to the hospital that night and got an x-ray done. No broken bones but really did a number on it. Took me 2 months to get back on the court again. but that's not the end, during the 2 month recovery I had no exercise and had gained weight. Went up to 202lbs. struggled to keep pace in my game and perform like I used to. it was November 2011 when I injured my ankle and since then ive puled my weight down to 194lbs but have gained muscle along my years journey. I feel better then ever, I am finally back at the level of game I was at over a year ago and this time came back with more intensity then ever. The drive to get back on top has propelled me to be a better player then I ever was. None of that would have been possible without the help of my friend, Dan. Si Speed 317. my goal isn't a certain weight or body fat % but to be able to dunk a basketball is my goal. and its one I will achieve by the end of this year! Mark my words.

Boosty McDreams
02-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks! Adam_rsx everyone has a story, as long as it has influenced you in a positive way and gives you drive to reach goals, that's all that matters in my opinion :)