PDA

View Full Version : Hondata Boost Solenoid = Expensive. This isn't!

Si Speed 317
04-06-2011, 12:03 AM
A friend of mine had posted this information up, but was too lazy to post it here. So here you go boost buddies :thumb:

Hondata wants $100 for a MAC solenoid with a Hondata sticker on it, which is cheap compared to all the EBC's on the market. Now is it really cheap? Many people have the solenoid from their AEM Tru-Boost wired in and they work just fine. In the end, the Hondata/MAC solenoid part number is 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA. You can only get one from one of MAC's local distributors, for some reason MAC doesn't allow them to sell across state lines. Welcome to MAC Valves (http://www.macvalves.com/)

Once you did that, all you need are the two 1/8" npt x 1/4" barbs and a muffler. Xenocron Tuning: PWM Solenoid Fittings kit (http://www.xenocron.com/pwm-solenoid-fittings-kit-p-496.html) Don't forget! You'll need to get the pins from Hondata. http://www.hondata.com/civic_pin_request_info.html I got the 10A mini-blade fuse and holder for about 5 bucks from my local radio shack and you'll need a ring terminal for the ground wire, i grounded mine with the ecu ground on the head.

Hopefully some fellow boosters can save some money here!

AKEP
04-06-2011, 02:18 AM
you can ebay the mac solenoid with barbs for like $30 shipped.

i got one.

Si Speed 317
04-14-2011, 11:18 AM
How did it work? Never heard of that

boosted_teg
07-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Buddy i know works for the City and is a mechanic on fire trucks, dump trucks etc. Hes got a ton of these mac valves and gets them all the time from his work. Like you said, AEM/hondaata is nothing but a badged MAC valve. Even fittings can be picked up local for a lot cheaper then 30 bucks.

Spoolin_VTEC
06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Now there's a 4-port out, VitViper runs one on his car. He LOVES it from what I've seen. Any info on those?

Spaz
06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
^I just saw something about the 4 port but no info. Also in for my info

Spoolin_VTEC
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Supposedly it works great for keeping the gate shut when you need it to, especially with a small psi spring (4-5psi) and a high max boost

aLmk
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah allows you to get 20+psi out of a 3 psi spring.

Si Speed 317
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
We need to get some serious info on these ASAP.

VTECFRED
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Im running the 3 port solenoid from grainger with no issues especially with quick spool. $38

I had the "hondata" solenoid but thought it was bad because I was not getting much boost control.

Found out the hondata solenoid was fine. The problem was I had a frayed wire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Si Speed 317
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Im running the 3 port solenoid from grainger with no issues especially with quick spool. $38

I had the "hondata" solenoid but thought it was bad because I was not getting much boost control.

Found out the hondata solenoid was fine. The problem was I had a frayed wire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thats awesome, I had no idea they have them at Grainger. The Hondata solenoid is just a relabeled MAC solenoid with a $50 markup. Good info tho