PDA

View Full Version : not so new, but new name!

instigator
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
old name 93si

http://www.boostedk20.com/forums/showthread.php/542-new-k20-here

i cant remember the login password or email so i said screw it and decided to make a new one.

anyways long story short.on the night of 12-14-12 my whole engine and trans got stolen along with kpro,injectors fucking god damn everything.......... i am fucking pissed....:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

this is a fucking lesson learned.... but theres good news here... my homeowners covered everything and i had receipts for basically everything... plus a few fudged ones to cover the monor shit i got on a homie hookup from friend.... as of 1-19 i got my check and began buying parts and what not so hopefully come summer ill be up and running..

the only difference is this time around.....the only stock part on my car will be the sleeves and the trans and hope vdubkilla can give me some good karma and my trans will survive a well a his has.

ill type up a mod list here shortly or post tomorrow but onto my questions.

since my turbos (billet hx40 + 6765) got jacked i am kind of n the hunt for a cheap turbo (non bb) that can net me somwhere in the 600+ range...any suggestions would be nice.... i think an hx40 might do... i am not to sure...any input please?

cam suggestions? i am prob gonna rev this thing to 9 or 9500?

theres a few more but ill ask them tomorrow i wrote them down earlier tonight while i was working on the car... and left the list at the shop.

instigator
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
@#@@#@saved for mod list and further bantering on my part@#@#@##@

vdubkilla
02-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Well I cant give ya any good karma but all I can tell ya is it a roll of the dice some transmissions will take some abuse others fail fast mine finally failed making a not so big of a pull in the country. I stripped/ shredded 4 th gear to pieces I gotta say the trans did take some major abuse from me at the track , on the street and I had both shifter and clutch issues but all I will say is don't do dumb shit .Use good trans oil , traction bars , slicks at the track , and good suspension will help it a bit "don't wheel hop the car" But I think most of all not being an ass and doing burnouts , ect on the street helps them last a lil longer mine went doing a pull while already in gear not while shifting or burning out .So I wish ya luck I am about to begin another season so I hope trans # 2 holds up as well as trans #1 did if not I will have another trans as we are fixing the first trans and it will be ready to go til I can afford to go all out with a built transmission which is going to have to happen sooner or later .Then I will be able to crank things up a notch :turbohug:

instigator
02-04-2013, 01:04 PM
lol thats awesome. yea i am gonna hopefully be able to save up for a trans this winter upcoming and go with ppg or something of that nature.(at least 1st through 4th straight cut and a stock 5th...i still will drive this car to shows..and some uhhh.... "street events" :thumb:

got any suspension suggestions or at least what to stay away from?

i was looking over your build thread. i am hoping that i can swing buying sleeves along with everything else i need for the build but we shall see.

unless........i have a stock 50k -ish bototm end that was running minty. my buddy swapped in for a k24.

which brings me to my delimma.....

do i run a stock k20 for a summer to have fun with and buy a k24 to build to holy hell..... or just do the k20.......

im leaning more towards the stock k20 for the summer.... and building a k24 for next year.. but... i really dont wanna make that decision without finding some more info on it.

more so leaning towards a k24 with a modded f22c crank....... get those revs up without added tq... hopefully saving the trans on some level lol

vdubkilla
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I don't know where your located but I just upgraded my springs to 12K / 18K if you call Road Magnet http://www.roadmagnet.com/ they can suggest springs for your set up and have good customer service .I run their springs and koni yellows along with a full race traction bar and all new poly bushings throughout the entire car .I would not buy suspension or "anything" from one company for sure and I wont mention their name but they are pretty well known for making junk :giggle:.As far as k20 or k24 I love the lil k20 and they are capable of making big power and will take a beating at 8600 rpms all day long .On another note I was unaware I had a build thread lol I never made one to my knowledge just kind of post bits and pieces here and there .

instigator
02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
lol than maybe it was just a few selective posts

alright ill look into those. the traction bars and poly everywhere was already planned. i am just trying to make sure the concern was making sure the suspension was the main concern because theres a shop about 20 mins away that are more than capable of scaling/corner weighting it for me so setting it up isnt an issues as long as i can get a appt schedueld for them lol

monjarassi
02-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Welcome and still waiting on pics.