PDA

View Full Version : Bearings, engine bearings...

boosted_teg
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
So whats everyone using for rod and main bearings? preference? This is one thing i've been trying to decide on for the past month or so.

Im running oem bearings right now to my spec, but im going to be installing new and trying decide to go with acl race or clevite bearings.

Spaz
01-11-2013, 10:48 AM
In the engine build I did I used ACL bearings. But there is so much involved with bearings and measuring specs etc that need to be highly considered. Also what are your goals and etc

ksboi
01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
I think I got ACL rod and clevite main. I will have to look and after seeing videos of how even on stock engines that the bearings are never all the same and how to test fit them I left it up to the professionals.

PetefromtheStreets
01-14-2013, 01:12 AM
I used acl race bearings. I know plenty others that went that route also with no issues. also kow a few with clevites and oem's....I mainly think it comes down to preference

Si Speed 317
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm still stock motor. :)

boosted_teg
01-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Can't beat stock, just wondering if theres any advantages to running acl or clevite over oem. One disadvantage is the ACL are universal, so you'de have to have a perfect green/yellow oem bearing clearance across the board, to have the same cleanrace running ACL.

for example, all my rod bearings OEM come in at yellow/green besides 1, which required a pink bearing. In this case, running acl race bearings should give me what im looking for, except on that 1 rod.

Ive heard rumours not to use ACL on the crank journals for some reason