PDA

View Full Version : Looking to boost my 8th gen accord.....

Accord_Chick
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm looking to boost my accord, I've only done work to my old si, that was a stick...my accord is auto (due to medical reasons) looking for advice on how to go it without overloading my tranny....

PetefromtheStreets
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Honestly i think you'd have a lot of issue with boosting your auto, but who am I to say anything about having issues. I'm a pro there. Lol.

I say go for a low whp goal of maybe 300-330whp and you'd be able to ride around like that for some time.

Si Speed 317
12-29-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm looking to boost my accord, I've only done work to my old si, that was a stick...my accord is auto (due to medical reasons) looking for advice on how to go it without overloading my tranny....

Hey, you made it! As of what I've seen for auto civics in the past, nothing more than 5-6psi. It would be cheaper than most of our kits, as you would have a smaller (I always suggest ball-bearing) turbo and a log manifold. The rest is just a downpipe/exhaust, injectors, tuning software (I believe they make Flashpro for accords), walbro 255lph fuel pump (swaps out with oem one), intercooler and piping, blow off valve, and a few misc things. You'll love it

PetefromtheStreets
12-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Hey, you made it! As of what I've seen for auto civics in the past, nothing more than 5-6psi. It would be cheaper than most of our kits, as you would have a smaller (I always suggest ball-bearing) turbo and a log manifold. The rest is just a downpipe/exhaust, injectors, tuning software (I believe they make Flashpro for accords), walbro 255lph fuel pump (swaps out with oem one), intercooler and piping, blow off valve, and a few misc things. You'll love it

Yea that^ tuning software would be my first focus to get ironed out.

ksboi
12-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Same Accord Chick from instagram with the crappy leopard interior?? LOL JK

PetefromtheStreets
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Tough crowd. Tough crowd

Si Speed 317
12-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Yea that^ tuning software would be my first focus to get ironed out.
Im gonna look into it now

Ouchie booboos. You're just mad you dont have a leopard interior. Its just stock!

ksboi
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
I am giving her a hard time. She should be buying coilovers from me in spring I think....I love my interior! I wanna get Bride seats but no one has found a way to keep it so I can keep my air bag sensors in the seats.

PetefromtheStreets
12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
I am giving her a hard time. She should be buying coilovers from me in spring I think....I love my interior! I wanna get Bride seats but no one has found a way to keep it so I can keep my air bag sensors in the seats.

Why would you want airbags in the seats still?

Si Speed 317
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Why would you want airbags in the seats still?

Safety, and probably so there's no srs/airbag light on the dash. Just because you live on the edge doesn't mean us bionic people should too ;)

PetefromtheStreets
12-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Safety, and probably so there's no srs/airbag light on the dash. Just because you live on the edge doesn't mean us bionic people should too ;)

Lol "bionic ppl". Haha

I wouldn't do that. I'd just keep what airbags are in the pillars and wheel and use harnesses with the seats.

As for the light on the dash you can just pull the bulb out or install a resistor to take the light out.

Si Speed 317
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Lol "bionic ppl". Haha

I wouldn't do that. I'd just keep what airbags are in the pillars and wheel and use harnesses with the seats.

As for the light on the dash you can just pull the bulb out or install a resistor to take the light out.

It's what we are! :yay:

We're so :offtopic: lmao we do this in every thread :rotfl:

As for the light, yea I figured a resistor could be used. I wouldn't pull the bulb out though, just sounds like so much work lol

ksboi
12-31-2012, 12:04 AM
I need airbags for my kiddos.

PetefromtheStreets
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM

In the back seats? Or they are big enough for the front?

And honestly my niece just got in a car accident with my sister in the fall and the airbag really messed her face up. I'd rather strap my niece in a 5 point harness then an airbag. But safety is definitely priority 1.

ksboi
12-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Back seat for my lil man but I like the sensor in front that if they are not big enought it cuts it off but for the older people who ride it will cut on.

PetefromtheStreets
12-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Back seat for my lil man but I like the sensor in front that if they are not big enought it cuts it off but for the older people who ride it will cut on.

Oh gotcha. I know what you mean now.

Mod- we are way off topic in accord chicks thread here. LMFAO.

Spaz
01-01-2013, 12:49 PM

Then I'd rather only have them in my Daily Driving CR-V verse driving them in my ricecar and attempting to kill them by driving spiritedly like I do :)

But back to subject at hand. I Turbo charged an old auto accord back in the day. But computers where simple. We literally tuned it with a stand alone VAFC tuner lol

Si Speed 317
01-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Then I'd rather only have them in my Daily Driving CR-V verse driving them in my ricecar and attempting to kill them by driving spiritedly like I do :)

But back to subject at hand. I Turbo charged an old auto accord back in the day. But computers where simple. We literally tuned it with a stand alone VAFC tuner lol

:jelly:

Accord_Chick
01-05-2013, 12:23 PM
El oh el, you guys never seize to amaze me lol.....and dont you hate the leopard, your jelly :).and yrs I will be buying coilovers from you!