PDA

View Full Version : Grinding second

cjtech1
12-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Im pretty sure the reason im grinding going into second is because I need a new cmc..anyone recommend a good one for replacement?

BoostedK20
12-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Absolutely, get a legit EM1 cmc. They swap almost directly with 06+ Si cmc's, and are made with metal internals vs plastic internals. You have an EM2 IIRC? Might work as well, I'll find the article on Hybrid Racing for the swap into.

Here you go: http://www.hybrid-racing.com/tech/how-to-em1-cmc-into-06-civic-si/
As far as fitment, I know the 06-11 Si guys run this. Might fit with yours as well since it's a k-swapped setup.

Si Speed 317
12-15-2012, 08:00 PM
I know who you're thinking about, that's 05boostedes2 or something along those lines. I believe cjtech has a 2010 Si IIRC, and if so you can definitely do the swap of the cmc's. I have to do mine soon. You should really get the real Honda EM1 cmc as already recommended, as the internals are metal.
As for grinding, what tranny fluid are you running? Did you get your synchros changed as per the TSB for 06-11? Lets dig into your tranny setup and get you shifting smooth

aLmk
12-15-2012, 08:50 PM
The omni cmc works also, but makes your pedal very stiff and may break your pedal bracket like mine, but once you get that tig welded it wont break again :) You're probably best off getting the EM1 as recommended.

cjtech1
12-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I have not changed anything with my tranny or the fluid..ive only had the car for about 7 months havent done much to it yet, I run a auto shop and looked at alldata for the TSB and couldnt find anything..anyone know where that tsb is? thanks

Si Speed 317
12-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I have not changed anything with my tranny or the fluid..ive only had the car for about 7 months havent done much to it yet, I run a auto shop and looked at alldata for the TSB and couldnt find anything..anyone know where that tsb is? thanks

I'll google it tomorrow for you. Its a Honda TSB for 3rd gear grinds. Tell them 2nd does too, they'll change it under warranty if you still have it.

Si Speed 317
12-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Forgot to look this up, but i'm sure its an easy find. When I have a few minutes to breatje I'll get it for you. In the mean time, answer some more questions!