PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Intercooler

aLmk
09-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Also want to buy an intercooler, it need to be able to fit an 8th gen si with little to no modification of crash beam. PM me what you have to offer!

Si Speed 317
09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Have you seen my intercooler? That's a possibility, and easy to do. Minimal modification.

aLmk
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
The one you're currently using? I have seen it and may get it. This morning I was crunching some numbers (after I made this thread) and I'm thinking I may just buy the boost junkyz setup like late spring/early summer and sell my entire setup as this seems to be the most cost effective way, since I can get the most money for my current setup sold as a complete kit. But IDK what I'm gonna do yet, gonna depend on how much I can save up this winter.

Si Speed 317
09-27-2012, 09:47 AM
The one you're currently using? I have seen it and may get it. This morning I was crunching some numbers (after I made this thread) and I'm thinking I may just buy the boost junkyz setup like late spring/early summer and sell my entire setup as this seems to be the most cost effective way, since I can get the most money for my current setup sold as a complete kit. But IDK what I'm gonna do yet, gonna depend on how much I can save up this winter.

Whatever works best for you :thumb: If there is any way I can help, don't hesitate to ask :beer:

ksboi
09-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I have a huge IC 24x12x4 I had white07si make me a crash bar and bolted my IC to it. But it hangs a bit to low so it pushes my bumper a bit so I may be going to smaller one. But most IC will fit if you just keep the specifications as anyone else on here running the factory crash bar. Just wait till income tax season and get the boostjunkyz kit. I cannot wait to drive and get go pro I will post vids!

aLmk
09-28-2012, 11:06 PM
How bad does your large one not fit? And I don't get a tax return. I work as a server so I actually will owe money come tax time. Getting paid $2.23 an hour doesn't cover my taxes... all my paychecks are of no value because that money goes towards paying taxes, but doesn't pay all of them.

ksboi
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Holy crap man!!!!! Its not that bad. I had to trim out the back center peice of my bumper but it just like 1/2 inch to tall.

aLmk
09-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok yeah I'll probably go with the cxracing intercooler if something on the boards doesn't show up soon.

And as for my $2.23 an hour don't let that alarm you too much. I make really good money, but its all in cash at the end of each night, so my employer can't take a sufficient enough money out of my paycheck to pay my taxes. I hope that makes sense?

Si Speed 317
11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok yeah I'll probably go with the cxracing intercooler if something on the boards doesn't show up soon.

And as for my $2.23 an hour don't let that alarm you too much. I make really good money, but its all in cash at the end of each night, so my employer can't take a sufficient enough money out of my paycheck to pay my taxes. I hope that makes sense?

Makes sense to me. Did you figure out a front mount yet?

aLmk
11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Yes and no. If I don't get an offer from someone online of a nice cheap intercooler I will get the cxracing one. But I'm in no rush as its basically winter now anyways. About to turn the boost down and won't be pushing it hard very often. I also have a potential deal on the table for January-February that if works out I won't need to upgrade my u intercooler.

Si Speed 317
11-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Yes and no. If I don't get an offer from someone online of a nice cheap intercooler I will get the cxracing one. But I'm in no rush as its basically winter now anyways. About to turn the boost down and won't be pushing it hard very often. I also have a potential deal on the table for January-February that if works out I won't need to upgrade my u intercooler.

Sounds like no more Si :flush: and I dont think you're gonna find anything cheaper than the CXR IC. Worth the shot tho

aLmk
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
No its not not no more Si, its not more greddy setup :)

And yeah I think you're right about the intercooler, but no sense in not trying while I'm waiting a few months.

aLmk
12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Bump

1SLOWFG2
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Boost junkyz intercooler is best bang for your buck and can be made to your specifications

aLmk
01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
IDK about best bang for buck. I am considering a $160 intercooler that is proven to work very well and fits. If they can beat that price then I will order it form them in a heart beat.

boosted_teg
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
ever check out threadstone intercoolers? I got mine from them, and it was good quality, better then my buddys ebay intercooler

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/

PetefromtheStreets
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
ever check out threadstone intercoolers? I got mine from them, and it was good quality, better then my buddys ebay intercooler

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/

That's where my friend just got his from. Vertical flows look awesome.

boosted_teg
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
thats what i ended up buying, the big 1001 vertical flow

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425695_10150634002361740_1801591967_n.jpg

PetefromtheStreets
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
thats what i ended up buying, the big 1001 vertical flow

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425695_10150634002361740_1801591967_n.jpg

Yup same one he got. Your bay color looks dope.

boosted_teg
01-09-2013, 10:30 PM
thanks! ill never do it again haha hands, finger tips wrists and arms killed me for a month while sanding everything smooth

aLmk
01-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I have seen those. A little more expensive than the one I'm considering and I would prefer the end tanks to be baffled with that type of cooler. I may upgrade my setup entirely in which case I will be getting an awesome intercooler either full race or prl motor sports.

PetefromtheStreets
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I have seen those. A little more expensive than the one I'm considering and I would prefer the end tanks to be baffled with that type of cooler. I may upgrade my setup entirely in which case I will be getting an awesome intercooler either full race or prl motor sports.

I think it would benefit more from baffles as well. But baffling that long of a IC would probably take some time.

Does full race baffle their vertical flow IC's?

aLmk
01-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Yes and prl baffles theirs. Part of the reason those two are top notch IMO.