PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Rail Discussion

Si Speed 317
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM
I figured this would be a good time to start a discussion about fuel rails. I'm trying to figure out the difference between using an aftermarket fuel rail and an oem fuel rail in terms of tuning. In my situation, both rails will use 1000cc FIC injectors and will be returnless. I need to figure out how to adapt a K-Tuned rail to my 06-11 Si without running a return line. IIRC, I need to use the oem fuel damper with my setup. Thanks in advance for your help.

Spaz
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Truthfully I would just not waste my time and keep the OEM if you aren't going to build a return line and need the burp valve.

k20fg
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah I'm with Spaz on this one .. unless it is for looks I would stick with the stock fuel rail, couldn't imagine there being any bump in performance or any tuning related issues.

One of Hybrid rails does have an input for the factory pulse dampener that you would need to run if your staying returnless.

Si Speed 317
07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
It's for looks. I want to swap it for the OEM rail but I want to make sure it works the way it should. No issues, no fuel starvation, etc. What would I need to make it work?

Spaz
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
It's for looks. I want to swap it for the OEM rail but I want to make sure it works the way it should. No issues, no fuel starvation, etc. What would I need to make it work?

You'd want a return line with a fuel pressure regulator built off boost verse one constant pressure setting :) This will lower your fuel injector duty cycle making them more efficient and keep a more even constant flow a fuel to them. As much as you don't want to run a fuel return line I will argue with you all day that if going turbo you will want to so you can run an Adjustable FPR based off of vacuum pressure and keep fuel flow constant/consistent and run more pressure to the injectors than the stock FPR can do.

Si Speed 317
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
You'd want a return line with a fuel pressure regulator built off boost verse one constant pressure setting :) This will lower your fuel injector duty cycle making them more efficient and keep a more even constant flow a fuel to them. As much as you don't want to run a fuel return line I will argue with you all day that if going turbo you will want to so you can run an Adjustable FPR based off of vacuum pressure and keep fuel flow constant/consistent and run more pressure to the injectors than the stock FPR can do.

I agree 100%, but the funds aren't there in the mean time. I plan to do it in the future, but in the mean time I'm stuck without one. So I need to run an adapter for the OEM damper, just need to figure it out.

Spaz
07-07-2012, 05:07 PM
or... just leave the stock rail... paint it, polish it, do whatever and just save the new rail and start collecting the matching parts/accessories. Before i bought my HR I sanded down and painted my factory one and it looked a lot better

Si Speed 317
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
or... just leave the stock rail... paint it, polish it, do whatever and just save the new rail and start collecting the matching parts/accessories. Before i bought my HR I sanded down and painted my factory one and it looked a lot better

Its really that big of a difference? I'd rather not show up.to Honda Day with a stock fuel rail, but ill see what I can do. Wanna PM me a mini write up on how to tuck the wires that sit in that plastic case on top of the oem rail?

Spoolin_VTEC
07-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Is it that big of a difference if you use the aftermarket rail without a return? As long as you have the OEM damper, you should really be fine. Especially if it's a rail just for a show.

fre$h si
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Its really that big of a difference? I'd rather not show up.to Honda Day with a stock fuel rail, but ill see what I can do. Wanna PM me a mini write up on how to tuck the wires that sit in that plastic case on top of the oem rail?

i did mine a bit in april, looks a ton better!! also tapped the bottom of the mani and ran the brakebooster and evap line there.

but it looks alot better on the RSX because of how the heater lines and upper radiaor housing run compared to the si

Si Speed 317
07-29-2012, 11:58 PM
^ Snap a pic for me? I want this to look fresh, no pun intended lol. I want to figure out how to clean up the injector wires etc but I haven't found a DIY on that... Spaz? :wavey:

Spaz
07-30-2012, 12:26 AM
^ Snap a pic for me? I want this to look fresh, no pun intended lol. I want to figure out how to clean up the injector wires etc but I haven't found a DIY on that... Spaz? :wavey:

Bring me your car I'll tuck that shit :thumb:

fre$h si
07-30-2012, 05:14 AM
ya for sure man, ill take on in the morning for you

Bring me your car I'll tuck that shit :thumb:

take it to him Dan!!!!!!! i wana see the spaz attack on a 8th

Si Speed 317
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
If only Spaz didn't live so far away, I would. How long is the drive from NY to you? And thanks fresh

fre$h si
08-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Here you go Dan, I need to do something bout those injector wires.
Btw it looks a little bit cleaner because I have a RSX VC and the Si one has all those ugly holes in it for that bracket that goes on it

Btw how do u like my coolant resivor ;)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/leechskum/bcaeeb90.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/leechskum/61853640.jpg

Spaz
08-03-2012, 09:20 AM
^i use an inverted allen head and it looks super clean..

Si Speed 317
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I have a square fitting, unfortunately. Still does the delete job though!

fre$h si
08-12-2012, 04:13 AM
btw the push lock air fittings are amazing i highly reccomend them but if u have em near a really hot spot u need to wrap it in a fire jacket so it dont melt

Si Speed 317
08-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Post a pic of the fittings you used

PetefromtheStreets
08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
What's the thread pitch of that port that you guys plugged?

Si Speed 317
08-16-2012, 11:49 AM
On the opposite end of the feed (where the return would go)? I'm not sure, but it's an -8an port IIRC

fre$h si
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
What's the thread pitch of that port that you guys plugged?

on the right of the rbc?

PetefromtheStreets
08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Nah. The injector heater hose. That sensor that's on the right of the RBC.

Si Speed 317
08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Oh, I have no idea haha sorry man