PDA

View Full Version : Boost Issue

Si Speed 317
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
This is hard to explain, so please bear with me. Drove the car last night, raced a new Saleen mustang, car ran great. I was winning and I pulled hard, until I missed fourth. Fast forward to tonight, it was no longer raining out but the ground was wet. Turbo spools (whistle sound on GT3076R) and my car would only make ~5psi, and you wouldn't hear the wastegate until it hit 5psi and then it would taper down to 3psi. Now, I have a 4.35psi spring in my TiAL 44mm wg, but my setup creeps really bad (which will be sorted out this weekend hopefully) so you usually don't hear the wastegate until ~6-7psi. The weird part of this situation is that you still hear the wastegate at 3psi when it tapers down (NEVER HAPPENS). Typical explanation would be that I'm spinning, but the RPMs don't shoot up... Brand new clutch, MAC solenoid was brand new. Could it be the solenoid? Vacuum leak? Someone lend me some insight please. I'll send the datalog to my tuner and see what he says in the mean time.

Si Speed 317
04-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Since everyone was so concerned, I figured out the problem. Turns out a coupler was a little bit loose, and the charge pipe slightly slipped out. :giggle: It was so little that you could barely notice it