PDA

View Full Version : EFR boost problem???

K2009civicsi
04-02-2012, 12:11 AM
All right guys, I am from 8th civic. Guy from there told me to come over here and ask my question, hopefully someone can help me here. Long story short, I have a Full Race kit with the EFR 7670 turbo, btw my car is a 09 SI. I am currently boosting 6 pounds but when we were trying to tune it, it woulnt go past 6psi! Everything seems to be hook up the proper way, so I think. I need some help, some thoughts, I wanna hit higher boost levels but can't at this time? I am using the boost controller that comes with the EFR, I have it hooked up to the B2 pin on the ECU side and to a good ground! Other than that, I have no idea what it could be :(

PetefromtheStreets
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Have you tried a different boost controller? That would eliminate that from the equation. What psi spring are you using in the gate? Or is it internal. I'm not familiar with EFR kits at all.

Also check to see if the wastegate has a good vacuum source

Spoolin_VTEC
04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I heard FR has a different bracket or something out to fix this problem. Did you check with them? And I'd double check that connection, make sure it's in well and tight. They get flimsy sometimes