PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Suggestions needed!

BoostedK20
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Calling all BoostedK20 members! My role is to make BoostedK20.com your home for boosted K-Series information, as well as an awesome hangout spot. Boosting a K series motor is no easy task and there hasn't been a forum dedicated solely to forced induction k series motors - until now. I need YOU to take action! Make a thread about your current setup, things you learned while building your current setup, or anything you'd like that can add to the "BoostedK20 Library"!

Also, please add site suggestions that you would like to see on BoostedK20. New sub-forums, features, anything you'd like to see.

:wavey:

BoostedK20
09-14-2011, 10:27 AM
ISprayNosFg2 has the right idea! Here is his Nitrous FAQ thread:
http://www.boostedk20.com/forums/showthread.php/236-Understanding-Nitrous-amp-Q-A-Please-Read-Before-Posting-!

BoostedK20
09-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Added some color to the site - did you notice? Post up your feelings on it.

06_typeS
09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
I honestly didnt notice a color change.

BoostedK20
09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Look at your report, reputation, edit, reply, quote, and multi-quote buttons at the bottom of your posts.

Si Speed 317
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I think it looks great - much easier to see :thumb: Repped!

fre$h si
09-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Would it be possible to do an e85 section?

Fijiblu10
09-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Are you not doing submissions for ROTM anymore?

BoostedK20
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Would it be possible to do an e85 section?
Done :thumb:
http://www.boostedk20.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/5-Performance

Since you started it, you should post up some great info on E85 setups ;)

Are you not doing submissions for ROTM anymore?

I am debating on starting it up again, the lack of participation makes it difficult. I am planning on having themed ROTM's, such as 'Best Non-DC5 Integra' 'Best K-Swap' 'Best Turbocharged setup' 'Best Supercharged setup' and more along those lines. What do you think?

Fijiblu10
09-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I know it's difficult to get participation because there aren't enough members to have a competition for voting. I would do more of a feature like what your thinking of doing. There was something that a member on 8thcivic.com did that was very interesting. Maybe you could do something similar too. Check it out.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/262739-kokoybrownys-featured-rides.html

He did me a while back.

jen.
09-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I would do a feature, also. Take in applications to have someone do featured write ups every months for ROTM. This could include an interview so that we not only see pictures of the car and the mod list, but so that we can get a feel for the owner:

how they got into cars/what their first car was/any upcoming mods/what first got them into cars/why a boosted k20/etc.

I think that would make it more interesting, anyway.

Fijiblu10
09-18-2011, 05:53 PM
That's similar to the link that I suggested. Then we would get to know the person and the car.

jen.
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Pfffft. Great minds think alike, clearly!

Si Speed 317
09-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Great ideas. What do you (guys + Jen) think would be a good layout for an application?

Fijiblu10
09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
I don't know but we could start suggesting questions here on this thread.

Suggestion:

Where did your interest for cars originate?

Answer:

Ever since I was little my father's company did the Grand Prix of Miami. Back in the early 90's, he would take me through the pits and garages. Whenever a car would wreck they would let me sit in the carnage. I absolutely fell in love with the smell of high octane gasoline and rubber. Also hearing the race cars rip it down the straightaway, standing above in the flimsy fenced in walkway, you could just feel the force and wind of the power these cars had. It was euphoric in a way.

I was at every race down here in the 90's from the Grand Prix to the first race at Homestead. In 1996, my father's company had to be on call for the first NASCAR race ever at Homestead. In the admissions office they have a picture on the wall that's about 25 to 30 feet long. In that picture you will see a lone Ford F150 in turn one with a kid standing on the roof with his hands raised. That's me! I've always had a love and respect for racing like no other. This is a close to a race car as I could get now a days. But maybe in the future with enough funds I could do something on my own.

Fijiblu10
09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
We need some more participation here guys. Let's throw some ideas out here.

Si Speed 317
09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Agreed, I think we should just put up possible questions for an interviewer to ask the interviewee. Is anyone willing to be an interviewer? Also, how would we figure out who ROTM is, have suggestions for the first 10 days of the month, voting for the next 15, and save the remainder for the interview? I also think that ROTM voting should be private (no votes are shown but they count).

Fijiblu10
09-22-2011, 04:31 PM
What we were suggesting is that he do a feature until there's more members on here. Not do a competition with voting. Kinda like he picks you to be the first feature for the month of September.

Si Speed 317

Between 3 and 5 pictures would be appropriate.

Then ask questions related to your car and life.

How would you answer the same question I did?

"Where did your interest for cars originate?"

Next set of questions.

What setup are you currently running?

How long have you had this setup?

Are you satisfied?

If you were to go a different route what would you have done?

So what do you do for work?

Where do you live?

Do you have a lot of friends around there with boost cars too?

How are the hang outs?

Where do you work on your car?

Are you looking forward to winter?

These are just some questions we could ask. Each feature would obviously have different questions but this is just an idea.

Si Speed 317 why do you answer some of these questions. Or at least the ones you would like to. I know my answers are always long but its because I type so fast it doesn't take but a couple minutes for me.

Si Speed 317
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
What we were suggesting is that he do a feature until there's more members on here. Not do a competition with voting. Kinda like he picks you to be the first feature for the month of September.

Si Speed 317

Between 3 and 5 pictures would be appropriate.

Then ask questions related to your car and life.

How would you answer the same question I did?

"Where did your interest for cars originate?"

Next set of questions.

What setup are you currently running?

How long have you had this setup?

Are you satisfied?

If you were to go a different route what would you have done?

So what do you do for work?

Where do you live?

Do you have a lot of friends around there with boost cars too?

How are the hang outs?

Where do you work on your car?

Are you looking forward to winter?

These are just some questions we could ask. Each feature would obviously have different questions but this is just an idea.

Si Speed 317 why do you answer some of these questions. Or at least the ones you would like to. I know my answers are always long but its because I type so fast it doesn't take but a couple minutes for me.

These are great questions, I think we should have an interviewer thread to see who would volunteer to be in interviewer and they can choose a person for a specific reason. Good idea?

Si Speed 317
09-29-2011, 12:02 PM
:anyone:

Fijiblu10
09-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't know about the interviewer thread. I think that the person in charge of featuring should come up with the questions. It's not that difficult to ask questions. Also he could ask lots then pick and choose the questions he would like to use when he posts it up on the site.