PDA

View Full Version : New from PA!

jen.
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey guys!

I was referred here by a member at 8thcivic. My name is Jen and I'm from PA. I've got a supercharged 07 civic si. Looking forward to meeting everyone and becoming more acquainted with this forum!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/sonicpicturemycar.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/IMAG0212.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/222554_10150175288890318_655845317_7376042_5538496 _n.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/IMAG0157.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/4-24E4CBE6-1631775-800.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/verbs_and_nounss/IMAG0160.jpg

Spaz
08-13-2011, 10:56 AM
welcome to the forums! Car looks great. The JRSC for the 8th gen looks just like the DC5 one. I wonder if with just the karcepts adapter they would be swapable. Anyways

Love the HFP wheels and welcome!

jen.
08-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, they are pretty similar. I think all you need in order to put the DC5 JRSC into an 8th gen is the Hasport waterport plate and a new throttle body inlet from Moss.

Thanks for the welcome!

Spoolin_VTEC
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
:welcome: First boosted girl on the forums - that's pretty awesome. Car looks great, hows the car drive? Do you have a mod list?

Side note: Is your car a 'guy' or 'girl'? Guys always have female cars, so I assume you have a male. :wavey:

jen.
08-13-2011, 08:44 PM
:welcome: First boosted girl on the forums - that's pretty awesome. Car looks great, hows the car drive? Do you have a mod list?

Side note: Is your car a 'guy' or 'girl'? Guys always have female cars, so I assume you have a male. :wavey:

I'm the first, eh?! That is awesome. Car drives really nicely when things don't break (it's been a rough week on my tires, master cylinder, and washer pump, hahaha). But I love the instant power of the supercharger! It's a great DD.

Oh, and I usually refer to the car as a "she". Force of habit, I guess. :)

I should eventually make a build thread but my mod list goes as follows:

Engine:

- Jackson Racing Supercharger
- Injector Dynamics 725cc injectors
- HONDATA Flashpro
- Tune by Derek @ Innovative Motorworks
- AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge
- Stri Boost Gauge
- Walboro 255 FP
- Takeda SRI
- Invidia Header
- Vibrant Catback Exhaust

Drivetrain:

- ACT Heavy Duty Clutch
- ACT Streetlite Flywheel
- EM1 "hybrid" Clutch Master Cylinder swap

Suspension and Brakes:

- Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
- GTSPEC Front Lower Tie Brace
- GTSPEC Rear Lower Tie Brace
- GTSPEC 4 Point Chassis Brace
- StopTech Power Slot Rotors
- Hawk HPS Pads
- SPC Camber Arms

Wheels and Tires:

- Honda Factory Performance 18" Carbon Bronze Rims
- Black S2000 CR Lug Nuts
- 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE760's

Exterior:

- Yellow Fog Lights
- 8000K HIDs
- Carbon Fiber Hood
- Tint
- HFP Front Lip
- NHB grille
- Debadged trunk lid

Interior:

- Exceler8 Gauge Pod

Sound and Electronics:

- Pioneer AVIC F700BT
- Hella Horns

Parts waiting to be put on:

- JM Fab catch can

Spoolin_VTEC
08-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Yea, I hate when things break too. But, you gotta pay to play! That's awesome that you call her a she, what's her name? And how are the hella horns? You have quite a mod list :thumb:

Is this your first modded or boosted car?

jen.
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Yea, I hate when things break too. But, you gotta pay to play! That's awesome that you call her a she, what's her name? And how are the hella horns? You have quite a mod list :thumb:

Is this your first modded or boosted car?

Haha I hear you on that!

I don't really have a name for her, I just refer to her as a female, haha.

The hella horns are pretty nice--much better than the wimpy factory horn. Didn't want to run a compressor for train horns, so Hellas are a happy medium.

And this is both my first modded car and my first boosted car! I still have a lot to learn but I'm pretty happy with how the car has evolved, considering I've never done anything like this before!

Thanks again for the compliments!

06_typeS
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Great looking Si, Welcome.

jen.
08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Great looking Si, Welcome.

Thank you!

PetefromtheStreets
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Nice looking car. I really like the HFP wheels. Welcome to the boards!

jen.
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice looking car. I really like the HFP wheels. Welcome to the boards!

Thanks so much!

boosted_teg
08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
welcome! Nice car :) any videos of it?

Si Speed 317
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey Jen :wavey: :welcome: Nice to see you came over and checked the boards out, I see you got some attention already haha.

Car looks great, I had no idea it was your first modded and boosted car, that's awesome! Any future plans in mind?

We need a video by the way :thumb:

jen.
08-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks, boosted teg! I seriously LOVE your build thread.

I actually do have a video of it on the dyno. You have to start the video at 1:47, though, otherwise you'll be sitting through close to two minutes of just watching a fan blowing. I don't know how to edit a video :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQrm-baDfk

And thanks Si Speed! I'm constantly paranoid about the car especially because it's my first modded and boosted car, hahaha. As far as future plans go, I used to have many but now I'm kind of trying to tone it down because it is my DD and I do 50+ miles of commuiting daily. I want the car to still be reliable, ya know? I'm thinking a few smaller things like aftercooler, motor mounts, a nicer fuel rail, maybe some engine bay "dress up" stuff. I'd LOVE to one day put Bride Maziora seats in the car....if I ever feel like dropping close to 4K on seats LOL. I don't foresee the build being done anytime soon, though. I constantly want to buy stuff for it :)

Si Speed 317
08-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I know exactly what you mean, my Si is my first modded and boosted car as well :wavey: My car is my DD as well, I know exactly what you mean. Wish I could make her a garage queen though :giggle: Those mods would definitely be a nice touch, especially the seats :drooling: Glad to see a girl into her car, especially a boosted K series :thumb:

As for video editing, do you own a Mac or PC?

jen.
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Hahaha I know the feeling! Then again, if I ever did buy a DD and make her a garage queen, I think I would feel miserable driving something less fun all the time!

And I know, those seats are amazing!!

And I have a PC. A very OLD PC because I'm too broke (read: busying buying parts for my car) to bother with getting my laptop fixed.

Si Speed 317
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Hahaha I know the feeling! Then again, if I ever did buy a DD and make her a garage queen, I think I would feel miserable driving something less fun all the time!

And I have a PC. A very OLD PC because I'm too broke (read: busying buying parts for my car) to bother with getting my laptop fixed.

That's great to hear from a girl lol, "I didn't fix my laptop bc I bought a supercharger." :thumb:

And I know the feeling, I couldn't keep my Si in the garage. I'd miss her too much and miss the fun driving feeling :sadwavy:

PetefromtheStreets
09-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Lmao that is awesome. "girl you wanna get your nails done?

"nah got a supercharger pulley I wanna buy"

Lmao.

aLmk
01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I just joined. Where in PA are ya? I'm located in northern DE. Also how are those re-760's holding up to the charger?

Spoolin_VTEC
01-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh I remember this thread, the chick with the SC Si. She went MIA a long time ago :shrug: