PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to add some Nitrous Oxide

Yetti 000
06-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I run my car on a [circuit] track a couple times a year and would like to get a little more of a push when hitting the straights versus higher output motors where the Si seems to lose its competitive edge.

I'd like to entertain the idea of a direct port setup with a 55 shot. It doesnt really need to hit until maybe late 2nd gear beginning of 3rd gear as I can't pull full throttle until the exit where I'm already getting ready to hit 3rd.

I just want to get some feedback on this.

This is strictly a DD and the last thing I want to do is change the exhaust so keeping this tolerable for a baby in the back seat is a must.

It's an '09 with about 26k and I've only ever run 93 octane in it.... It's my baby.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Si Speed 317
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
What are the specs on your car, what do you have done so far, etc. That information will be of great help in terms of helping with what you need.

Also, :welcome: to BoostedK20!

PetefromtheStreets
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
So I take it you want to retain the factory exhaust and header?

With that said I'm not so sure the idea of having an 1100 psi bottle only 4ft from your baby is a good idea. I just fear for a baby in the car near a bottle.

If your looking for a bit more performance I'd say Add an cold air intake or even a 6psi Jackson supercharger. Ppl run those on stock exhausts all the time. And get decent gains.

Yetti 000
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
thanks for the welcome! I didn't receive a notification that there was a response to this thread but I'm glad I checked it today.

I don't actually have a baby - not for hopefully 5-7 years. I was just trying to exaggerate how much I don't want to change the current exhaust note at any rpm. maybe considering a HFC with the stock muffler (though I know that wouldn't last very long).

Currently the only thing done is a flashpro base map, HFP suspension, 225 star specs on OE wheels, HP+ pads in front and HPS pads in rear. SS lines and fluid still sitting in the garage.

The JR supercharger route is going to cost me ~$3500 versus $1500 if I run my own return fuel line with a nitrous oxide setup. At 55 shot, It leaves room to gradually build the engine for boost in whatever form.

Yetti 000
07-01-2011, 11:30 PM
I could do with an aftermarket header if I can retain the stock exhaust without burning it up too quickly.

PetefromtheStreets
07-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I could do with an aftermarket header if I can retain the stock exhaust without burning it up too quickly.

The exhaust wouldn't really get burned up. It's all stainless from the factory. It's just too small a diameter but a 55 shot I guess doesn't really need much room to breathe.

Spoolin_VTEC
07-03-2011, 01:07 PM
AFAIK, there is no nitrous support with FlashPro. Only KPro. And you need to remember, running nitrous on ANY car is never safe because it is extremely difficult to tune.

ISprayNosFg2
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
first tune your engine without nitrous since you be driving without nitrous most of the time..check with spark plugs for it coloration to increase fuel jets and decrease/increase nitrous jets then retard timing ..flashpro can do that for you ..as for rpm spraying point and shut off..flashpro doesnt have that option but it can be use to do the tuning of nitrous .. for on and off rpm you will need a window switch for that..other then that you are all set .