PDA

View Full Version : My BlackwidowSi Turbo Build

phomonkee
11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Heres my newly turbo'd 2007 Civic Si sedan. Turbo was installed by 4130 performance fabrication in NJ since the kit was bought used and was missing a few things. The goal for this car is to be the perfect street/track day/autocross car. It made 216whp na before going boost.

Engine:
-Srt Turbo kit
-Precision 5831 turbo
-ID1000 injectors
-Aem 320 fuel pump
-Skunk 2 3in exhaust
-Hks ssqv 4 bov
-J35 TB/P2R spacer
-Hasport 62a rear mount
-Ngk heat range 8 plugs
-Hondata Flashpro/ custom tuned by Vitviper
-Aem truboost controller/guage/4port boost solenoid
-Aem wideband in Xlr8 guage pod

Transmission:
-Clutchmasters fx200 kevlar clutch
-Clutchmasters 9lb flywheel
-4130 cmc with stainless lines
-Skunk 2 short shift adapter
-Custom Flossy shift knob
-Ktuned aluminum shifter cable bushings

Suspension:
-Raceland coilovers
-Tanabe front strut bar
-Beaks rear tie bar
-Energy sway bar bushings
-Buddy club p1 rear camber arms
-Spc front camber bolts

Wheel/tire:
-Konig Feather wheels 17x7.5+45
-Dunlop dz102 summer tiers 225/45/17
-Ceramic brake pads

Exterior:
-Hfp front lip with ez lip
-Mugen rr side skirts
-Mugen rr rear lip with 3rd brake light
-Mugen rr wing
-Eyelid headlight cover
-8000k hids with white led drls
-Jdm badges with grfxp overlays

Interior:
-Jdm steering wheel badge
-Fd2 red door inserts
-led dome lights

Currently still tuning with vit but should be done any day now sitting at 13psi. Next mods will be to replace those raceland coils with Ktuned K1's and a 17x9 wheels setup and maybe a retrofit demon eye headlight.

BoostedK20
11-01-2016, 11:14 AM
:welcome::to::boostedk20:
Solid build! 4130 Fab is a great place. You'll need some sticky tires soon!

Are you running a returnless fuel setup? Also, super light flywheel! Must sound great :thumb:

phomonkee
11-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Thanks! For sure Wayne is a great guy and does awesome work. First thing im gonna do next is get a wider wheel for some sticky tires, but gonna wait till after winter since this is also my daily. Yeah returnless fuel setup for now. I dont plan on running more that 450hp anyways... yet. Also do you or anyone else know where I can get a inlet pipe for this kit since srt doesnt exist anymore?

Si Speed 317
11-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Hey, welcome!! Wayne @ 4130 does great work, nothing but great reviews from that place. Nice build dude! How do you like those Dunlops? They're the newer model IIRC.

As for an SRT inlet, I'm not sure. Do you have pictures? Might have to custom make one. I had one custom made for my setup. Then again, I have their one-off top mount on my car. It's the manifold Roger's car had when SRT first came out. And did I read that correctly? SRT doesn't exist?!?!? What happened? I heard Moe had some money issues with customers, don't know how true that is though.

phomonkee
11-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks man! He sure does. He had to fab some piping for me too since the guy that had my kit before destroyed the charge piping. The Dunlops are great for the price. I got them for like 360$ with a coupon code. They handle corners really nicely but I prefer Bridgestone potenza re760s more they had better grip straight light and in cornering.

Right now its just open which sketches me out cuz i dont want anything flying into my turbo. Yeah Waynes looking into making one for me but its a tight space so we're not sure yet. I have the v1 manifold I believe. Yup thats what I read!! I heard SRT just stopped responding to everyone and they were really backed up on orders and just closed up shop. I tried calling them and emailing everything is disconnected.

Spoolin_VTEC
11-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Thanks man! He sure does. He had to fab some piping for me too since the guy that had my kit before destroyed the charge piping. The Dunlops are great for the price. I got them for like 360$ with a coupon code. They handle corners really nicely but I prefer Bridgestone potenza re760s more they had better grip straight light and in cornering.

Right now its just open which sketches me out cuz i dont want anything flying into my turbo. Yeah Waynes looking into making one for me but its a tight space so we're not sure yet. I have the v1 manifold I believe. Yup thats what I read!! I heard SRT just stopped responding to everyone and they were really backed up on orders and just closed up shop. I tried calling them and emailing everything is disconnected.

Cool build! I had Potenza re760s for a while, good tire! I see you're running the NKG 8's. Eventually when you change plugs, I suggest going for the BKR9EIX's gapped to .018 as the 8's are just one step from the stock heat range 7 plugs. Not a big deal, but important for your tuner to know. Although I'm sure Vit has talked about it. And damn man, lemme see that Flossy knob!! I met the owner of flossy a long time ago. He had the purple NSX!

I understand your paranoia, I wouldn't run an open turbo - just my .02. It's important to keep the system clean. Dust, pebbles, water, oh jeez the damage that can happen. That's mostly dependent on the type of conditions you're driving in though. I remember the V1 manifold - people gave SRT so much crap for how it looked, but it made good power! People called it the 'Mona Lisa' of manifolds. "What's up Mona!"

Crazy that SRT just up and left. Hopefully they're closing doors to catch up on work, though I doubt it. Sometimes the big guys are the ones in more debt. Food for thought... Anyways, IIRC the first gen intake was similar to the Full Race intake for the 8th gens on their first gen kits. Look into that, might help you and Wayne.

Cheers mate! Welcome to the community! Looking forward to more pictures and stuff :thumb:

phomonkee
11-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Cool build! I had Potenza re760s for a while, good tire! I see you're running the NKG 8's. Eventually when you change plugs, I suggest going for the BKR9EIX's gapped to .018 as the 8's are just one step from the stock heat range 7 plugs. Not a big deal, but important for your tuner to know. Although I'm sure Vit has talked about it. And damn man, lemme see that Flossy knob!! I met the owner of flossy a long time ago. He had the purple NSX!

I understand your paranoia, I wouldn't run an open turbo - just my .02. It's important to keep the system clean. Dust, pebbles, water, oh jeez the damage that can happen. That's mostly dependent on the type of conditions you're driving in though. I remember the V1 manifold - people gave SRT so much crap for how it looked, but it made good power! People called it the 'Mona Lisa' of manifolds. "What's up Mona!"

Crazy that SRT just up and left. Hopefully they're closing doors to catch up on work, though I doubt it. Sometimes the big guys are the ones in more debt. Food for thought... Anyways, IIRC the first gen intake was similar to the Full Race intake for the 8th gens on their first gen kits. Look into that, might help you and Wayne.

Cheers mate! Welcome to the community! Looking forward to more pictures and stuff :thumb:

Wayne told me to go heat range 8 and for sure Vit knows. I love my flossy knob! it weighs like 1.5lbs ill post a pic of it in a bit. Yeah it sketches me out completely. Im sure Wayne can make it is just 2 bends, the thing we're worried about is the turbo is so close to the trans it might be hard to fit a coupler on with the pipe. Lol cant see anything anyways its all behind the motor. I cant even see my wastegate and dumptube :/

Are you running boost by gear? im curious to see what people usually have their boost levels at for that.

Spoolin_VTEC
11-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Wayne told me to go heat range 8 and for sure Vit knows. I love my flossy knob! it weighs like 1.5lbs ill post a pic of it in a bit. Yeah it sketches me out completely. Im sure Wayne can make it is just 2 bends, the thing we're worried about is the turbo is so close to the trans it might be hard to fit a coupler on with the pipe. Lol cant see anything anyways its all behind the motor. I cant even see my wastegate and dumptube :/

Are you running boost by gear? im curious to see what people usually have their boost levels at for that.

Damn, heavy knob! In for pics. I'm sure he can do it right. Such a shame with a bottom mount, can't see all the goods!

I was running boost by gear, but no longer have my car. Bullshit accident, got totaled. Not that you could see my go fast parts in my 'engine bay' anyway lol. I had a turbo NSX. I'm sure Si Speed 317 can chime in on his setup.

Si Speed 317
11-09-2016, 10:39 PM

Cool, as long as they know. I've only seen Flossy knobs online, with no legit reviews on em in this community. I personally rock a TWM M1 Abrams. Heavy, counter-weighted, counter-sunk, and looks good. No complaints here! As for the intake and the goods, I have confidence Wayne can fab up whatever you need. I got a top-mount manifold from SRT because of ease of installation, easy intake fab (90* 4" charge pipe, super simple), and no tapping of the pan - which I'll be doing anyway over the winter haha.

I am running BBG. ~4psi in 1st (wastegate only), 8psi in 2nd, 12psi 3rd, ~19psi in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Works well for me on street tires. I need to run some drag radials though. And I still need to finish tuning with Vit, it's been years. Hope he can still do it.

phomonkee
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Im a noob when it comes to posting stuff on forums lol says the pic is too large to upload. Yeah I know... thats why I really wanted a sidewinder mani but those need a lot of work with 8th gens.

Turbo NSX is the dream!!!:turbohug:

phomonkee
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Cool, as long as they know. I've only seen Flossy knobs online, with no legit reviews on em in this community. I personally rock a TWM M1 Abrams. Heavy, counter-weighted, counter-sunk, and looks good. No complaints here! As for the intake and the goods, I have confidence Wayne can fab up whatever you need. I got a top-mount manifold from SRT because of ease of installation, easy intake fab (90* 4" charge pipe, super simple), and no tapping of the pan - which I'll be doing anyway over the winter haha.

I am running BBG. ~4psi in 1st (wastegate only), 8psi in 2nd, 12psi 3rd, ~19psi in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Works well for me on street tires. I need to run some drag radials though. And I still need to finish tuning with Vit, it's been years. Hope he can still do it.

The product is cool cuz custom and heavy but I mean a shift knob is a shift knob. Also there customer service is a hit or miss. haha except for when that m1 abrams is in the sun!! Yup I had to tap the oil pan for mine... Gonna be looking going to Wayne sometime this week or the next to see what we can do about the intake if not ill just put one of those screen guards on as a last resort.

Cool and Vit did that for you? Im almost done tuning with him im on the part where you drive around like a maniac for 20 mins. 19psi? damnn how much power are you putting down? im stuck at 12 psi

Also really thinking about that new hybrid racing v2 short shifter after racing a cte 9th gen with a acuity shifter... that thing blew my mind with how short his throws were.

Si Speed 317
11-28-2016, 10:42 AM
The product is cool cuz custom and heavy but I mean a shift knob is a shift knob. Also there customer service is a hit or miss. haha except for when that m1 abrams is in the sun!! Yup I had to tap the oil pan for mine... Gonna be looking going to Wayne sometime this week or the next to see what we can do about the intake if not ill just put one of those screen guards on as a last resort.

Cool and Vit did that for you? Im almost done tuning with him im on the part where you drive around like a maniac for 20 mins. 19psi? damnn how much power are you putting down? im stuck at 12 psi

Also really thinking about that new hybrid racing v2 short shifter after racing a cte 9th gen with a acuity shifter... that thing blew my mind with how short his throws were.

I think a shift knob is a big component. The M1 Abrams was a big difference for me, coming from the type R knob and some delrin ones. In the sun though, it's WAY hot! Part of the compromise for wonderful shifting haha. Yup, Vit did that for me. My setup boost creeped to 19psi. I know how to fix it, but it involves taking the turbo out. I just don't have the time to do it. Perks of a one-off setup. A few years ago on a local dyno with a temp tune, I put down 617whp on e85. I forget the torque, was over 400 though. Temp tune was horrible though, strictly for WOT. Once I get back to driving the car, I'll reach out to Vit to continue tuning.

As for the Hybrid Racing short shifter, it seems cool! The downside, as I've heard, that the shorter the shifts, the more strain it puts on the transmission - which is something else I'll be tackling down the road. I've been on borrowed time with these stock gears!

phomonkee
12-01-2016, 07:01 PM
I think a shift knob is a big component. The M1 Abrams was a big difference for me, coming from the type R knob and some delrin ones. In the sun though, it's WAY hot! Part of the compromise for wonderful shifting haha. Yup, Vit did that for me. My setup boost creeped to 19psi. I know how to fix it, but it involves taking the turbo out. I just don't have the time to do it. Perks of a one-off setup. A few years ago on a local dyno with a temp tune, I put down 617whp on e85. I forget the torque, was over 400 though. Temp tune was horrible though, strictly for WOT. Once I get back to driving the car, I'll reach out to Vit to continue tuning.

As for the Hybrid Racing short shifter, it seems cool! The downside, as I've heard, that the shorter the shifts, the more strain it puts on the transmission - which is something else I'll be tackling down the road. I've been on borrowed time with these stock gears!

I like spherical shaped heavy shift knobs thats all i care about. I actually picked up the hybrid shifter man these short throws are unbelievable. I like it alot.

Finished tuning with Vit made 380ish whp and 265tq he said the 2.5in downpipe is the only thing holding it back from 400. Which sucks cuz it cost 600$ to fab a 3in one. Also for bbg I gotta rewire my boost solenoid to the ecu says vit. Do you guys know if I can use the 3 port one from aem tru boost or do i have to get a 4 port boost solenoid. I would definitely do e85 but the closest one to me is 30 mins away.

Your on 600whp on stock trans??? Im worried about mine at this power... I know these trans are glass.

BoostedK20
12-07-2016, 08:43 AM
I like spherical shaped heavy shift knobs thats all i care about. I actually picked up the hybrid shifter man these short throws are unbelievable. I like it alot.

Finished tuning with Vit made 380ish whp and 265tq he said the 2.5in downpipe is the only thing holding it back from 400. Which sucks cuz it cost 600$ to fab a 3in one. Also for bbg I gotta rewire my boost solenoid to the ecu says vit. Do you guys know if I can use the 3 port one from aem tru boost or do i have to get a 4 port boost solenoid. I would definitely do e85 but the closest one to me is 30 mins away.

Your on 600whp on stock trans??? Im worried about mine at this power... I know these trans are glass.

In regards to the transmission being glass, they can last quite a while depending on how you treat them. The reality is these motors make such good numbers with forced induction that the transmissions simply cannot withstand the torque and power (stock K makes 200bhp and can easily make 600whp), yet is exacerbated by the abuse of launches, hard shifts, etc. In reality, when you're at this level of gearhead, you want to bang gears and take names - maybe even cash or pink slips. Having a stock transmission prevents that to an extent, as we run stock transmissions on 'borrowed time'. Though, there are some tranny-saving methods that can be done when you drive to extend our borrowed time!

Si Speed 317
02-09-2017, 03:22 PM

What were your other short shifter options? K-tuned? TWM?

phomonkee
02-09-2017, 07:01 PM
I ended up getting the hybrid racing one i think its 60% reduced throw. I love it

Spaz
03-13-2017, 07:52 PM
turbo NSX was every Honda owners dream lol

Haynie
09-14-2017, 02:23 AM
turbo NSX was every Honda all the bingo sites (https://www.aepweb.org/) dream lol

Nice build monkee!

Spoolin_VTEC
09-14-2017, 01:14 PM
turbo NSX was every Honda owners dream lol

I had one! I miss the heck outta that car.