PDA

View Full Version : any infinity tuners

boosted_teg
11-29-2015, 03:59 AM
Any infinity tuners on here that have successfully tuned a k20? Seems to be hard to find people willing to help with a stubborn issue

Spoolin_VTEC
12-02-2015, 02:26 PM
E-Tunez maybe?

BoostedK20
12-02-2015, 02:36 PM
E-Tunez maybe?

Good tag. E-Tunez might!

Spoolin_VTEC
12-03-2015, 05:57 PM
PetefromtheStreets IIRC you tune your car, no? Do you do work with Infinity? And I don't mean no Buzz Lightyear and beyond stuff.

PetefromtheStreets
12-04-2015, 12:08 AM
PetefromtheStreets IIRC you tune your car, no? Do you do work with Infinity? And I don't mean no Buzz Lightyear and beyond stuff.

Yea I've tuned my car the last few years. Not sure I'd say I'm a professional at it but I get the job done.

And no unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of working with infinity. Heard it's awesome tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si Speed 317
12-05-2015, 10:49 AM
boosted_teg what is the issue you're having?

boosted_teg
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM
got it figured out.. somewhat. Rob Reinen remoted into the laptop to fix it. My vvc target and actual movement was way off. VVC was spiking up and down like a heart monitor haha

but not im plaged with black smoke at WOT. AEM infinity reads 11.8-12.0 afr right to 19psi. I emailed FIC to see if the settings need to be changed or what not. Ive had nothing but issues since i started with AEM

BoostedK20
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM
got it figured out.. somewhat. Rob Reinen remoted into the laptop to fix it. My vvc target and actual movement was way off. VVC was spiking up and down like a heart monitor haha

but not im plaged with black smoke at WOT. AEM infinity reads 11.8-12.0 afr right to 19psi. I emailed FIC to see if the settings need to be changed or what not. Ive had nothing but issues since i started with AEM

Maybe contact Norris Prayoonto or Chris Miller to ask what you could look into for the problem. But do it via PM on social media. You can say I referred you if you'd like. Keep us in the loop!

boosted_teg
12-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Rob Reinen works with Norris daily, so wouldnt make a difference there if it was rob or norris.

I contacted FIC, and they've only had 1 car tuned on infinity with the injectors. The tuner he contacted said he didn't have any issues.

I never talked to miller, but im guessing to get any information from him wont be free, which i dont mind paying if he knew the problem. I got no logs to go off of.

Spoolin_VTEC
12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Rob Reinen works with Norris daily, so wouldnt make a difference there if it was rob or norris.

I contacted FIC, and they've only had 1 car tuned on infinity with the injectors. The tuner he contacted said he didn't have any issues.

I never talked to miller, but im guessing to get any information from him wont be free, which i dont mind paying if he knew the problem. I got no logs to go off of.

Interesting, I've never heard of Rob Reinin. Miller might charge, valid point.

boosted_teg
12-13-2015, 12:46 AM
rob reinen, drives a 440whp all motor k series. Worked for Humble Performance and now works with Norris. I paid rob to get the vvc going. Theres been a few cars here that miller tuned, and they didnt work very well.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12239228_935282073177784_1803407957319209125_o.jpg

Im in contact with aem to see if they can shed some light. It also has a bad idle with o2 feedback on. With kpro, car runs smooth haha

Spoolin_VTEC
12-16-2015, 11:41 PM
rob reinen, drives a 440whp all motor k series. Worked for Humble Performance and now works with Norris. I paid rob to get the vvc going. Theres been a few cars here that miller tuned, and they didnt work very well.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12239228_935282073177784_1803407957319209125_o.jpg

Im in contact with aem to see if they can shed some light. It also has a bad idle with o2 feedback on. With kpro, car runs smooth haha

Damn. Hopefully AEM will do the right thing by you...

boosted_teg
12-17-2015, 01:41 AM
I got in contact with aem again. They wrote back after looking at my idle logs, and they think that my car is missfiring and not completly running on 3 cylinders. I got some tests to do and some changes to make in the session. Hopefully Friday i can sneak into storage and try them out. That could possibly explain my black smoke during a pull. I know what the car sounds like missfiring, and it should be clear during a pull. *shrugs*

Spoolin_VTEC
12-21-2015, 12:01 AM
I got in contact with aem again. They wrote back after looking at my idle logs, and they think that my car is missfiring and not completly running on 3 cylinders. I got some tests to do and some changes to make in the session. Hopefully Friday i can sneak into storage and try them out. That could possibly explain my black smoke during a pull. I know what the car sounds like missfiring, and it should be clear during a pull. *shrugs*

Misfiring tends to sound like a towel is in the exhaust during a pull, depending on how bad the misfire is. However, is running on 3 cylinders detrimental to any extent? Could TOTALLY explain why you're not making as much power. Hmmm... keep me in the loop dude

BoostedK20
12-21-2015, 12:21 AM
Interesting. Looking forward to the results of the next step!

boosted_teg
12-29-2015, 01:08 AM
I replied some in the other thread. I did what aem said. Level out the timing at idle, leveled out the target afr at idle and few more settings.

It didnt make much fo a difference. Actually, it would only run for 15 seconds then die. got worse. I deactivated each injector 1 by 1 and the car is firing on all 4.

So i hooked up kpro and it fired up/idled off a 1 minute basemap i did. No codes. There seemed to be a small miss from listening to the exaust, but that could be anything.

Im going back on NYE and going try activating the iacv with AEM, and put the factory settings from an a3 map in the iacv pid tables.

If it doesnt idle and work soon, theres a nice 92 nsx for sale in canada for 28k. Part out mighthappen