PDA

View Full Version : FPR and return.

Jonezy
11-24-2015, 04:11 PM
So many questions surrounding this. I have read the spaz guide off club RSX,

Plan is to......

Use an AN6 or 8 feed and use the OEM feed as a return. Any issues with doing this? And what is the power limit this will run out or start to cause issues?

The main questions I have are surrounding what happens to the OEM FPR within the pump?

What goes in, out where ever with the pump?

And what's he best configuration with the aftermarket FPR? I'm not arsed about being overly tucked or anything, so will run whatever is preferable performance wise?

I found some in formation around but it all pretty much gravitates back to the spaz guide. As car is a daily, I don't want idle issues, below 1/4tank issues.

If someone could explain what's going on in this pic and if it's a good guide to follow
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/jonezy69/7CF3284D-86CA-4826-8270-2CE4B5C3090C_zpsh2lzqwrm.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/jonezy69/media/7CF3284D-86CA-4826-8270-2CE4B5C3090C_zpsh2lzqwrm.jpg.html)

Jonezy
11-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Think I may have read the spaz guide wrong......

His way looks perfect now. Any body used his method with any issues

BoostedK20
11-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Well, let's get info from the horse's mouth! And he's no horse: Spaz and some others monjarassi PetefromtheStreets

Our BoostedK20 Si is no DC5, but we did use the OEM feed as the fuel return. It worked perfectly, just had to modify the in-tank fuel cage and put the AEM FPR directly on the fuel rail. What fuel pump are you going with? And what injectors?

PetefromtheStreets
11-26-2015, 12:08 PM
What fuel do you plan to run? E85? Pump gas? I ran new line feed and return. I would not use stock feed as a return. Too small in my opinion stock fpr is eliminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonezy
11-27-2015, 06:46 AM
No E85 over here, be 97/99 pump fuel with 1000cc deitschwerks injectors, and may change my 255 pump to a 320.

Any issues from eliminating stock FPR? Rough idle/ below 1/4 tank issues?

Si Speed 317
11-27-2015, 02:09 PM
I personally think you'll be fine with OEM feed as the return. Works fine in my car, brought my duty cycle down significantly, and I'm still running 1000cc injectors.

PetefromtheStreets
11-27-2015, 02:11 PM
No E85 over here, be 97/99 pump fuel with 1000cc deitschwerks injectors, and may change my 255 pump to a 320.

Any issues from eliminating stock FPR? Rough idle/ below 1/4 tank issues?

I've never ran the car too low on gas if I'm that low I fill it. I can't risk it with the new motor. I'm afraid of running it lean.

Jonezy
11-27-2015, 04:22 PM
I personally think you'll be fine with OEM feed as the return. Works fine in my car, brought my duty cycle down significantly, and I'm still running 1000cc injectors.

What power do you manage on that? I'm currently pretty much maxing my duty at 460fw/bhp with no return

The oem feed is pretty much AN4 and if that can feed the car no issue I'm sure it will be able to return unspent fuel without much trouble?

Spaz
11-28-2015, 12:26 AM
I had a friend using the OEM feed as a return supercharged running 300whp. But when he went turbo it wasn't enough and had to make his own return. It really doesn't take much to make a new return. In the grand schemes of things do it right the first time and do it once.. . you know? If you're even questioning it, I don't do it.

Spoolin_VTEC
12-02-2015, 02:31 PM
What power do you manage on that? I'm currently pretty much maxing my duty at 460fw/bhp with no return

The oem feed is pretty much AN4 and if that can feed the car no issue I'm sure it will be able to return unspent fuel without much trouble?

IIRC speed ran mid 500's on pump and over 600 on C16.

Jonezy
12-02-2015, 04:24 PM
IIRC speed ran mid 500's on pump and over 600 on C16.

Mid 500whp? If so that's gonna be plenty for me! Stop at low 500s at fly unless tuner gets carried away again.....

No Issues at all to speak of? Any idea what your power was in fly HP?

Spoolin_VTEC
12-03-2015, 06:03 PM
HEY Si Speed 317

Si Speed 317
12-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Spoolin_VTEC Jonezy My bad gents! I haven't remembered to post up. I get the quote/tag email and want to post up after work, but other stuff comes up - which is bad because I don't use any other forums anymore. Too much bromance going on elsewhere lol not enough love to spread to new people. Need to make this a priority again!

Anyways, yes sir I made a bit over 540whp on pump and 617whp on C16. I've been looking for my dyno sheets, I had them framed but they seem to have gotten lost in the mix of me moving twice within the past 18 months. :pissed: My return setup is an -6an (might be -8an) feed and oem hardline as the majority of the return, but a -6an from the rail to the firewall where the stock hardline is. I have an AEM340lph in-tank fuel pump, AEM FPR set at 70psi and 1000cc injectors.. I'm back in the re-tuning phase with my ported/polished IM, but it has been about a 2 year process because I don't drive the car much. It's a shame but it is what it is. I want to work on the car more this winter, we'll see what happens. Anything you want to know Jonezy just holler!

PetefromtheStreets
12-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Spoolin_VTEC Jonezy My bad gents! I haven't remembered to post up. I get the quote/tag email and want to post up after work, but other stuff comes up - which is bad because I don't use any other forums anymore. Too much bromance going on elsewhere lol not enough love to spread to new people. Need to make this a priority again!

Anyways, yes sir I made a bit over 540whp on pump and 617whp on C16. I've been looking for my dyno sheets, I had them framed but they seem to have gotten lost in the mix of me moving twice within the past 18 months. :pissed: My return setup is an -6an (might be -8an) feed and oem hardline as the majority of the return, but a -6an from the rail to the firewall where the stock hardline is. I have an AEM340lph in-tank fuel pump, AEM FPR set at 70psi and 1000cc injectors.. I'm back in the re-tuning phase with my ported/polished IM, but it has been about a 2 year process because I don't drive the car much. It's a shame but it is what it is. I want to work on the car more this winter, we'll see what happens. Anything you want to know Jonezy just holler!

Holla!!!!!!

Dat power doe! 617whp is dope!

Jonezy
12-05-2015, 01:08 PM

Sweet. Thanks for that pal. Looks like that's pretty much what I was gonna do anyways So happy with it working well,

Cheers Si.

Si Speed 317
12-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Sweet. Thanks for that pal. Looks like that's pretty much what I was gonna do anyways So happy with it working well,

Cheers Si.

:cheers: glad it worked out. What injectors are you running or will you be running? I know saw the eShop has a nice deal on injectors right now

PetefromtheStreets
12-05-2015, 03:00 PM
:cheers: glad it worked out. What injectors are you running or will you be running? I know saw the eShop has a nice deal on injectors right now

Boostedk20 eshop ftw!!!!

BoostedK20
12-09-2015, 10:53 PM

Boostedk20 eshop ftw!!!!

:cheers: Thanks! Jonezy if you need injectors we are running a great sale right now, and will be adding fuel components to the eShop within the next few days! PM me with anything you need. FPR, fuel pumps, injectors, hose, fittings, clips, etc. :thumb:

Jonezy
12-10-2015, 06:30 AM
:cheers: Thanks! Jonezy if you need injectors we are running a great sale right now, and will be adding fuel components to the eShop within the next few days! PM me with anything you need. FPR, fuel pumps, injectors, hose, fittings, clips, etc. :thumb:

Thanks for that, will hopefully be sticking with my 1000CC DW injectors, though a AEM/ DW 320 lph pump and ktuned FPR would be nice

Spoolin_VTEC
12-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks for that, will hopefully be sticking with my 1000CC DW injectors, though a AEM/ DW 320 lph pump and ktuned FPR would be nice

Might I suggest a Walbro 400/416 instead, don't want to be limited on fuel because of the pump in the future.. Easier to swap injectors than the fuel pump with increased power goals down the line. Just my :2c:

Jonezy
12-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Really? That much pump needed for 5-550 at fly?

Will not be swapping Injectors simply because of the sheet cost over here.

Spoolin_VTEC
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Really? That much pump needed for 5-550 at fly?

Will not be swapping Injectors simply because of the sheet cost over here.

Oh is it a customs thing? And it's not that you'll need it for 5-550 but it's better to be over-prepped IMHO so the system isn't at near max capacity. Know what I mean? I believe they're the same price too. I remember Si Speed 317 mentioned something about his AEM pump that he wanted to change it to something else for power reasons.

Si Speed 317
12-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Oh is it a customs thing? And it's not that you'll need it for 5-550 but it's better to be over-prepped IMHO so the system isn't at near max capacity. Know what I mean? I believe they're the same price too. I remember Si Speed 317 mentioned something about his AEM pump that he wanted to change it to something else for power reasons.

I agree. I have the AEM 320lph and it's not rated for e85. They came out with the e85 model 2 months after I purchased and installed it. No biggie. Also limited on power IMO, I should've gotten the Walbro 416lph and called it a day. Wouldn't have to change for quite some time lol, that'll hold my power goals for sure. I'll have to make a larger return line (instead of stock feed) before I'll need to change the walbro 416. Just a heads up Jonezy. You'll be okay with the AEM 320 but I suggest getting the Walbro for the future if you decide to push more power. 500+ gets to be slow after a while lol. That's why there's race fuel, meth injection, and so on. Plus, it's really not much of a price difference.

Jonezy
12-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I will categorically not go past that power wise. I struggle down at 400bhp given our 9 months of shit weather. Only really need the big power for 4th gear plus to chase down ferraris and Porsches

Any complications of running a bigger pump? Noisy? Lumpy idle? Or anything? If there are no complications I may aswel get one like you say!

We don't have E85 so not worried about that either.

Jonezy
12-10-2015, 05:50 PM
It is literally just the cost of injectors once you get em imported, or buying over here is insane price wise. Penny pinching really. Just stick with what I can

Given that I got to 460 on my current setup with no return. I would like to think I would reach target easy

Si Speed 317
12-10-2015, 08:16 PM
I will categorically not go past that power wise. I struggle down at 400bhp given our 9 months of shit weather. Only really need the big power for 4th gear plus to chase down ferraris and Porsches

Any complications of running a bigger pump? Noisy? Lumpy idle? Or anything? If there are no complications I may aswel get one like you say!

We don't have E85 so not worried about that either.
Understandable. And absolutely, you'll catch em for sure at that power level! 3rd is great too if you get sticky tires :lildevil: As for the bigger pump, nope! Works great actually. Installed one on my friends Si last year. Works great and makes me jealous as I didn't get it lmao. I'll get rid of mine when I need to, just a PITA to get back at it and swap. Honestly, it depends on who you ask. Ask 5 people, you'll get 5 different opinions. For what it's worth, I'd just do it once and never have to worry about it. That's my take on it.

It is literally just the cost of injectors once you get em imported, or buying over here is insane price wise. Penny pinching really. Just stick with what I can

Given that I got to 460 on my current setup with no return. I would like to think I would reach target easy
That's crazy. Need to put them inside a metal can or something and disguise those to pass the x-ray machine! :rotfl:

Contact BoostedK20 with your fuel pump info. He will take care of you

Jonezy
12-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Cheers fellas. Will look into pumps anyway. Initially wasn't gonna bother going above 255lph! Lol

Better check what gear boosted k20 does, got an order to place when I'm stateside.

Spoolin_VTEC
12-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Cheers fellas. Will look into pumps anyway. Initially wasn't gonna bother going above 255lph! Lol

Better check what gear boosted k20 does, got an order to place when I'm stateside.

Glad to help man. How do you go back and forth overseas to stateside? Well, I'm sure you don't swim. What I mean is, do you travel for a job? Are you in the military or something?

Jonezy
06-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Glad to help man. How do you go back and forth overseas to stateside? Well, I'm sure you don't swim. What I mean is, do you travel for a job? Are you in the military or something?

Sorry for late reply. Only just seen this. Yeah in uk military, was working in Vegas for 6 weeks in January and bought all my parts :)

Went For the 400lph walbro whilst I was there, thing looks a bitch to fit due to odd shape, any tips for fitting this?

BoostedK20
06-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Sorry for late reply. Only just seen this. Yeah in uk military, was working in Vegas for 6 weeks in January and bought all my parts :)

Went For the 400lph walbro whilst I was there, thing looks a bitch to fit due to odd shape, any tips for fitting this?

I can't chime in, however PetefromtheStreets can on the DC5 chassis. IIRC the cage needs some trimming.

PetefromtheStreets
06-29-2016, 10:33 PM
I can't chime in, however PetefromtheStreets can on the DC5 chassis. IIRC the cage needs some trimming.

Mostly what needs modified was the cage that holds the pump flat in the housing. Just a couple cuts and a few zipties and I was back in business.

Jonezy
06-30-2016, 12:08 AM

On ep3 chassis but think they are exactly the same anyway I think.

Yeah due to the extra diameter at one end a chunk is gonna need trimming.

Since I last asked has anyone got any tips to avoid the low fuel level issues associated with a return system? Seems to get problems either way?

Shanket
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
im using stock feed as return and i ran new feed and return line and i still stock fpr in tank, and ktuned fpr in engine bay with 1000cc and aeromotive 340 before i was returnless it was aermotive 340 and 1000cc injectors and it was 80 duty cycle now i did return and fpr im at 40 duty cycle waiting to turn it up on boost

Jonezy
06-30-2016, 03:50 PM
im using stock feed as return and i ran new feed and return line and i still stock fpr in tank, and ktuned fpr in engine bay with 1000cc and aeromotive 340 before i was returnless it was aermotive 340 and 1000cc injectors and it was 80 duty cycle now i did return and fpr im at 40 duty cycle waiting to turn it up on boost

What size hose? And what sort of power you made it to?

I'm pricing up an8 feed and an6 return

Shanket
06-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Right now 8 an feed and 6 an return right now 9 psi at 422 hp

Shanket
06-30-2016, 03:58 PM
I used jjautowerks for my parts and great pricing

Jonezy
07-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Shall stick with that sizing then.

Got a place over this side of pond that's a pretty good one stop shop really, thanks though.

Am I best mounting the FPR on the far side of the rail or mount it remotely?

Shanket
07-01-2016, 03:45 AM

Got a place over this side of pond that's a pretty good one stop shop really, thanks though.

Good. i mounted my fpr on firwall by where ac connects into firewall
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13237617_10154228029184874_1928197231902183845_n.j pg?oh=b7b53a8183dd05044d0116ae4ec3a702&oe=57F7CED9

Jonezy
07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Lol, unfortunately my brake servo and MC is that side. Will think of something.

Thanks anyway

Jonezy
07-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Good. i mounted my fpr on firwall by where ac connects into firewall
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13237617_10154228029184874_1928197231902183845_n.j pg?oh=b7b53a8183dd05044d0116ae4ec3a702&oe=57F7CED9

Don't suppose you can remember how much line you used for feed do you? In meters? I'm going to be bringing the lines in from down side of the timing case to keep it away from hot nasties

BoostedK20
07-02-2016, 09:42 AM

We mounted the FPR on the end of the rail for our Si. As for the low fuel pressure, what do you mean?

Jonezy
07-02-2016, 10:36 AM
I meant as in low fuel level, 1/4 tank issues I hear of people having etc

What sort of fitting did you use to mount the FPR to end of rail? It just looks clean and reduces number of fittings required

PetefromtheStreets
07-02-2016, 04:15 PM
I meant as in low fuel level, 1/4 tank issues I hear of people having etc

What sort of fitting did you use to mount the FPR to end of rail? It just looks clean and reduces number of fittings required

I haven't had issues at 1/4 tank. I have heard of people having issues tho.

Jonezy
07-02-2016, 05:11 PM
I haven't had issues at 1/4 tank. I have heard of people having issues tho.

What method did you use? Same as spaz?

PetefromtheStreets
07-02-2016, 05:25 PM
What method did you use? Same as spaz?

I'm not sure what method he used. I ran new lines -6 return and -8an feed line.

Jonezy
07-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Did you run the return into what was the oem feed? And then back into the oem return Venturi on the pump cage?

PetefromtheStreets
07-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Yea.

Jonezy
07-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Sweet. Sounds like that is the way to go then.

Dreading actually doing this!

PetefromtheStreets
07-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Sweet. Sounds like that is the way to go then.

Dreading actually doing this!

Don't dread it. It's not that bad. Lol

Jonezy
07-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Fair enough.

Let me run this past you, car is currently tuned and running fine on the stock engine with no fuel return

Once I have built my new motor, everything is staying the same setup wise, will my current map be fine to run the engine in?

And once that's done, can I rig up the return setup but leave the vac line off the FPR , as long as fuel pressure matches stock pressure? Not relying on this last bit, will likely fit the return system and trailer car to tuners

PetefromtheStreets
07-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Stock fuel pressure is around 40 psi correct? So I would set new regulator to that pressure. I have a thing about not having things tested before hitting the tuners floor. Because "what if" issues are quite common.

I can't guarantee that your current map would be ok for the new motor but that's where I always start out at anyways. If you've put cams in then that will change idle and such for sure.

Jonezy
07-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Staying stock cams, it's just as you say, a good start.

Got AFR gauge and will log it to check anyway. And only run on low boost to run it in.

Yeah I'm gonna measure stock pressure on my gauge and then replicate that pressure post fitting.