PDA

View Full Version : MercRacing JR Inlet Review

Si Speed 317
11-16-2015, 10:28 PM
This is a bit dated, but I hadn't posted this! Better late than never right?

http://i64.tinypic.com/141iqtv.jpg

A friend supercharged his car recently, and wanted help installing a part. When I went to check it out I see a MercRacing inlet! He had just bought a MercRacing pulley that day too. Anyways, I just wanted to post up about the fit and finish on this piece. The install went smooth, the inside and outside of the inlet are professionally constructed, and is a super high quality piece. I don't remember what his gains were after the inlet and pulley post tune, but he was smiling ear to ear when he drove home!

http://i63.tinypic.com/4fv674.jpg

And for the record, I didn't put any silicone on this setup. That was all the owner of the car. You can probably tell, right? :) :boostedk20:

Spoolin_VTEC
11-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Good stuff. I remember when MercRacing only had a couple products out. Now they got a whole blower kit!! TVS charger is no joke. Can't wait to see a review on one of those monsters.

BUSHGUTS
11-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Loves the design of it. I was the test mule for that inlet when it was in the making. Merc contacted me and asked me to try it out as a prototype. I did. I went to the Dyno, made 3 pulls, let the car cool down, took off the jrsc inlet, installed merc Inlet, made 3 pulls and untuned made 20whp. Got tuned and made 25whp total. I was the first guy to ever have one. Great part. Anyone with a jrsc blower should most def get it

BoostedK20
11-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Loves the design of it. I was the test mule for that inlet when it was in the making. Merc contacted me and asked me to try it out as a prototype. I did. I went to the Dyno, made 3 pulls, let the car cool down, took off the jrsc inlet, installed merc Inlet, made 3 pulls and untuned made 20whp. Got tuned and made 25whp total. I was the first guy to ever have one. Great part. Anyone with a jrsc blower should most def get it

Nice! Never knew that. Great gains for untuned. Imagine if you had a larger TB and all that jazz that the new SC setups are doing.

scfg206
11-24-2015, 12:11 AM
I have a JRSC/aftercooled/meth inj setup pushing 14psi and love how the Merc aftercooler kit, Merc racing big bore inlet and merc racing 2.95in bp I have on my setup perform. A must have for anyine with a jrsc or cte setup. If anyone is looking for a supercharger setup for sale I am selling my complete jrsc setup with merc racing aftercooler, Merc racing big bore inlet and merc racing blower pulley, as well as including the stock bp and stock inlet for $3,250obo....if anyone is interested or knows anyone looking send them my way. Also posted in the supercharged Hondas fb page and 8th gen civic pages as well.

BoostedK20
11-26-2015, 11:51 AM
I have a JRSC/aftercooled/meth inj setup pushing 14psi and love how the Merc aftercooler kit, Merc racing big bore inlet and merc racing 2.95in bp I have on my setup perform. A must have for anyine with a jrsc or cte setup. If anyone is looking for a supercharger setup for sale I am selling my complete jrsc setup with merc racing aftercooler, Merc racing big bore inlet and merc racing blower pulley, as well as including the stock bp and stock inlet for $3,250obo....if anyone is interested or knows anyone looking send them my way. Also posted in the supercharged Hondas fb page and 8th gen civic pages as well.

Thanks for the review! Any pictures?

Feel free to post your blower kit in our marketplace. It would be shared on our facebook page as well.

Spaz
11-28-2015, 12:40 AM
i wish those were around when I was supercharged. I tried boring out the stock inlet it sucked so bad.

BoostedK20
12-02-2015, 02:35 PM
i wish those were around when I was supercharged. I tried boring out the stock inlet it sucked so bad.

I completely forgot you were supercharged at one point!!! :facepalm:

MercRacing
12-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Inlets on clearance until supplies last:
http://mercracing.net/products-page/jackson-racing-supercharger-upgrades/modular-highflow-inlet-jrsc-m62/