PDA

View Full Version : Turbo K20z1 EG hatch

vdubkilla
04-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I have a 94 eg hatch with a k20z1 turbo the car is so much fun to drive had a gt3076r w/ AFI T3 sidewinder on 14 lbs made 463/314 .Just sold that turbo this week and ordered a new gt35r to bolt to my new/used Full Race twin scroll T4 manifold .Cant wait to see what the 35r twin scroll does for me :spaz:

boosted_teg
04-23-2011, 01:50 AM
need pics :P

vdubkilla
04-25-2011, 01:22 AM
In the introduction thread / meet and greet

Si Speed 317
04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
What's your complete setup? Do you have a mod list?

vdubkilla
04-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I gotta lotta shit lol I need to sit down and make a list but never have

Si Speed 317
04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Quick slacking and start mod-listing! :readtherules:

vdubkilla
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Well kinda busy this time of year as I am a boat mechanic and I am also working on the car right now .Tonight I am pulling the trans to install the new twin disc clutch gonna sell the nearly new ccstg 4 if you guys are looking for one .Then gotta install the manifold and wastegates and other misc items and put carpet back in the car as it was pulled to install an 8 point roll bar .I got a lot goin on are any of you guys coming down for the vw show or for the import show in june .I love both shows lots of fun :woohoo::party:

Si Speed 317
04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
^ Toss it up in the FS section, I'm sure someone will bite. And definitely sounds like your schedule is busy. Busy is a good thing though! Where are those shows? And any pics of the roll cage? I <3 roll cages :woohoo:

vdubkilla
04-28-2011, 10:55 AM
The Shows are in Ocean city ,Md the vw s are the last weekend of may although it is an unofficial show and the import show is june 11 and its a great show

Spoolin_VTEC
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
How did the shows in MD go?

vdubkilla
06-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Good time thats for sure some people complained about the show itself but I had my usual great time its not about the show within the building on 42 nd street its about the show on the streets and the old friends and good times !

PetefromtheStreets
06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
^^like^^

vdubkilla
07-17-2011, 01:23 PM
well had issues with my garrett 35r and did not want to wait for them to fix it so I bought a turbo from Borg Warner .I ended up getting an sx300 83 /75 as well as some Kelford stage 2 cams .I made 522/338 on pump at 22 lbs and 585 /414 trq on Q16 at 26 lbs very happy with the results as well as the mid range gains were awesome :turbohug:

PetefromtheStreets
07-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Awesome results man. And I'm guessing it was going to take a long time to fix the problem. I wish I coulda been there for the dyno. Post some videos of you get the chance.

vdubkilla
07-18-2011, 01:39 AM
No I could not have my car down for any length of time .It cost me a few bucks but its running again and doing well the car is insane on race gas on the street .We always do the race gas tune last and that Q16 isnt cheap .So when I get home from a dyno session rather than throw away a few gallons of Q . I get to go raise hell on the streets with it :spaz:

PetefromtheStreets
07-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Damn that's awesome. Need some kill vids via gopro. :thumb:

boosted_teg
07-18-2011, 11:13 PM
No I could not have my car down for any length of time .It cost me a few bucks but its running again and doing well the car is insane on race gas on the street .We always do the race gas tune last and that Q16 isnt cheap .So when I get home from a dyno session rather than throw away a few gallons of Q . I get to go raise hell on the streets with it :spaz:

haha like your thinking "o when I get home from a dyno session rather than throw away a few gallons of Q . I get to go raise hell on the streets with it :spaz"

vdubkilla
07-19-2011, 12:43 AM
We had an issue while doing the race gas tune so I am gonna go back up next week to touch up the race tune prior to import revolution and weld some if my I/c piping so I dont have to worry about blowing couplers

fre$h si
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
What kind of internals do u have on that thing?

vdubkilla
07-19-2011, 10:20 AM
bone stck bottom end w/ ARP head studs , Supertech dual springs , rets , seats and seals

Si Speed 317
07-19-2011, 10:50 AM
That is nothing short of awesome. You need to post some more pics and definitely more vids. Glad the BoostedK20 crew is showing everyone else what's up. We should get someone to represent us in the 'Forum Wars' by Royal Purple..

vdubkilla
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I only run Amsoil in my vehicles .I might hit the track tomorrow night for test and tune we will see ! If I do I hope to be deep in the 10 s I need to get different slicks for my power level and its gonna be hot and humid so I would expect to be in the 10s on the shitty local track

Spoolin_VTEC
09-20-2011, 12:02 AM
How's everything been with the whip? Did you run in the 10s?

vdubkilla
10-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Well cars good I keep changing shit up back to the t4 ts 35r and love it the car has been solid all season I had a few issues but mostly all self inflicted :oops::oops:I went to the track 4 times this year making about 11 passes I still havent had a 10 second pass my tuner was there yesterday and made some adjustments but I didnt get to make another pass due to a lot of stuff breaking yesterday at the track and they kept having to clean the track .I will say this now running the k 20 on 27+ lbs on a stock bottom end is a gamble but dam this thing has held up so good .I dont per say drive my car a lot of miles but when I get in it haaa lets just say I am a little rough on it sometimes haha

Spoolin_VTEC
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
That's how it always is once it's not your DD. If my car wasn't my DD, It definitely would have broken by now :X 27psi is quite a gamble, but it must sound INSANE! Do you have any videos or the passes or your car in general?

PetefromtheStreets
10-25-2011, 11:58 AM
What's up mark. 27psi now? Good god man. Lol that's sick. I'm trynna see some dyno pulls or something. A little go pro action. It spooled up ridiculously fast on them stock cams. I can only imagine now.

boosted_teg
10-26-2011, 12:49 AM
damn 27 psi on a 35r? You should be 10s easy ;) Any videos?

vdubkilla
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Well 27 psi is on q16 which the car has pretty well been running since august .I haven't put pump gas in it in a while .The car sounds great on 27 psi and yeah its a bit of a gamble but it seems to handle it very well so far .I have hit boost cut once which is set at 30 psi .I want the engine to last me a few more weeks then its gonna be coming apart for possible sleeving and I'm definitely building it this winter .As far as the 10,s the car will certainly run it but it seems I changed shit up so much this summer I never really got everything dialed in and got the hang of it all 100% .Next season I plan on doing a lot more drag racing as this has been a good year for getting comfortable with the car and running it at the track

vdubkilla
10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
10's aren't as easy as they look lol definitely found that out and after racing this season I also realized that its easy to sit in the stands and say man I could drive better than the guy running a car at the track .I say get out there try it drag racing is much much different than street racing and takes skill to be good at !

vdubkilla
10-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Here is a link for a vid at the track I dont remember how to post vids on this forum so here ya go this run was an 11.3 at 134mph [url]http://youtu.be/fL

Spoolin_VTEC
03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
vdubkilla! How's everything been? Haven't seen you post here in a while

vdubkilla
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Well been a little busy lol haha Goin very well though actually the car is in 1 million pieces though . I just had the roll cage finished / converted to 10 point and certified for 8.50 s .I'm doing pistons , rods , and brngs ,a new fresh mint trans , I pulled the car down completely this time its getting the full goin over ! hoping for 700 ish hp wise this season wanna get use to the car and get more seat time this season !

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/nextproject97/IMAG0009.jpg

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/nextproject97/IMAG0002.jpg

Spoolin_VTEC
03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
That's awesome, glad to hear the good news. And 8.5's?! That's parachute territory, that's insane!! And, just for the record, that second picture of the wire harness gives me a headache just looking at it. I pray that I never have to do any harness work. Ever.

PetefromtheStreets
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice mark. Can't wait to see this thing hit the rollers again. You'll have to let me know so I can cruise by and cheek it out.

Couldn't see the first picture but the second one looks like a nightmare. Lol

vdubkilla
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Heres a current shot haha !

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/nextproject97/EG%20Hatch%20Suspension%20March%202012/IMAG0009-1.jpg

PetefromtheStreets
03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh geez. Lol that thing is on a hand dolly. Lol makes it easy to when around huh? Lol

What are you doing to it? Wire tuck? Shaving the bay?

Si Speed 317
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Lol @ the dolly. Great idea though. How is the harness nightmare going?

vdubkilla
03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
LOL yeah the dolly works well rolling it in and out of the garage so we can do different things .We pulled the subframe then realized we needed to roll it out to clean the fender wells and undercarriage so i stood there and thought hmmmm lets try it ( the dolly) and it works great !! All the front bushings are done and we will be doing the back ones once we get the front end all painted and back together , we are doing brake and wire tuck as well as shaving the bay and repainting the bay .The wiring harness is a mess thanks to the professionals who installed the alarm !! I am cleaning up their mess and getting it all cleaned up ! I'll update you guys as it comes together !! This is the most I've ever had a car apart and honestly I am really enjoying it and cant wait for the finished product the whole process is just good stuff I definitely know my car inside and out .I hope to run mid 10 s this season reliably .Last year was a great shake down year and the car stayed for the most part very reliable all of 2011 i had a few small issues but they were mostly self inflicted .

Si Speed 317
03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
LOL yeah the dolly works well rolling it in and out of the garage so we can do different things .We pulled the subframe then realized we needed to roll it out to clean the fender wells and undercarriage so i stood there and thought hmmmm lets try it ( the dolly) and it works great !! All the front bushings are done and we will be doing the back ones once we get the front end all painted and back together , we are doing brake and wire tuck as well as shaving the bay and repainting the bay .The wiring harness is a mess thanks to the professionals who installed the alarm !! I am cleaning up their mess and getting it all cleaned up ! I'll update you guys as it comes together !! This is the most I've ever had a car apart and honestly I am really enjoying it and cant wait for the finished product the whole process is just good stuff I definitely know my car inside and out .I hope to run mid 10 s this season reliably .Last year was a great shake down year and the car stayed for the most part very reliable all of 2011 i had a few small issues but they were mostly self inflicted .

Seriously awesome idea :rotfl: I haven't seen a dolly in the longest time. As for the alarm, that's why I hate trusting people to do any type of work on my car! Glad to hear it's all coming together though. And the fact that you're enjoying it in the process makes everything all the better. Knowledge is everything. Let's hope the car stays reliable for 2012!

vdubkilla
06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Well the car hasnt seen much love lately as I've been very busy but the longer it sits the more insane it will be when done haha .I went to the track yesterday and watched nothing but domestics all day DaM ! Oh well had a great time and cant wait to get the car done

jaiw11
06-17-2012, 11:59 PM
where did you get ur axles?

Si Speed 317
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
:yeahthat:

vdubkilla
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure he is being serious about my axles or joking about the dolly ?? I ran drive shaft shop 2.9 s and bought them from one of their dealers .

SAX JONZ
08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Vdubkilla, your car! !!! Ho Li Fuk! This is a real inspiration. Total beast. :beer:

vdubkilla
08-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks man the car has had its ups and down thats for sure most recently I dropped a few valves but am in the rebuilding process as we speak .

BuBBaSBuBBLE
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Have any build process pics? I'm about to boost my k24/k20 with a gtx3582r. Motor is sleeved and built. Have a majority of the parts. Just curious on certain parts like oil return and oil feed and down pipe and waste gate route. Its a street car so not shooting the dump and dp out the hood. Want to keep it sleeper status. The parts I have are as followed. All BNIB.
1)Bwr Sidewinder T3 Mani.
2)tial 44mm mvr waste gate
3)tial 50mm bov
4)walbro 450 LPH fuel pump
5) ID 1000cc injectors
6) tread stone 1000hp vertical flow inter cooler
7) hondata 4 bar map sensor
8) bwr sandwich oil adaptor

I think that's what I have for now. Anything particular you can think of that will help me through my build process ? I see you have some experience so that's why I'm questioning. Me and my buddy's have built Turbo b's and D's. This will be our first Turbo K. Thanks in advance.

vdubkilla
08-31-2013, 12:28 AM
What Chassis ??? a good boost controller , a good radiator set up is a "Must" with a boosted k .The exhaust set up is your choice and as far as oil return -10 an bung back to the pan obviously. I also return it into the pan from the ASP catch can that is hooked to my valve cover via 2 -10 bungs if you don't have a catch can your gonna need it as these things like to breath .

Si Speed 317
08-31-2013, 02:13 AM
Have any build process pics? I'm about to boost my k24/k20 with a gtx3582r. Motor is sleeved and built. Have a majority of the parts. Just curious on certain parts like oil return and oil feed and down pipe and waste gate route. Its a street car so not shooting the dump and dp out the hood. Want to keep it sleeper status. The parts I have are as followed. All BNIB.
1)Bwr Sidewinder T3 Mani.
2)tial 44mm mvr waste gate
3)tial 50mm bov
4)walbro 450 LPH fuel pump
5) ID 1000cc injectors
6) tread stone 1000hp vertical flow inter cooler
7) hondata 4 bar map sensor
8) bwr sandwich oil adaptor

I think that's what I have for now. Anything particular you can think of that will help me through my build process ? I see you have some experience so that's why I'm questioning. Me and my buddy's have built Turbo b's and D's. This will be our first Turbo K. Thanks in advance.

Please create a new thread with more info (as vdubkilla asked, chassis, year, miles, etc) so we can answer appropriately and link others to the thread/merge threads if necessary. Its actually a perfect time for you to create a build thread, so we can post ALL the info that you'll specifically need in one spot. And welcome to the boards!

What Chassis ??? a good boost controller , a good radiator set up is a "Must" with a boosted k .The exhaust set up is your choice and as far as oil return -10 an bung back to the pan obviously. I also return it into the pan from the ASP catch can that is hooked to my valve cover via 2 -10 bungs if you don't have a catch can your gonna need it as these things like to breath .

BuBBaSBuBBLE
09-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Its a 1995 eg hatch. As a boost controller I will be running a Mac solenoid with all hard push to connect lines and fittings. I have a Mishimoto rad and fan but I feel like the mishi fan is crap So I'am about to purchase a 13' SPAL fan. I was going to do a custom catch can as well but wasn't sure about the drain back. If you have pictures on how and where you welded the bungs on the oil pan please post or pm me. I am very curious.I would greatly appreciate it. I'm pretty certain on the oil return location for the turbo return but im lil confused on the drain back for catch can. I know with the B's and D's you have the fittings on the back of the block.

BuBBaSBuBBLE
09-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Please create a new thread with more info (as vdubkilla asked, chassis, year, miles, etc) so we can answer appropriately and link others to the thread/merge threads if necessary. Its actually a perfect time for you to create a build thread, so we can post ALL the info that you'll specifically need in one spot. And welcome to the boards!

I'm actually waiting for a few more parts to come in from my near by parts store (full throttle). And than I would want to do it the right way with all pics and what not. The turbo build hasn't started yet. But my wallet has been set on fire by buying parts for lol.

vdubkilla
09-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Is that Mishimoto a full size rad ? the half rads work in cooler temps but it will be a problem or at least it was for me in temps above 80 or so the thing ran hot especially after beating on it.I have only been able to keep the temps in check with a full size rad in the summertime. I just looked and don't have any pics of the bungs on my oil pan but mine are above the oil drain plug near the top of the back of the oil pan .oh btw nice chassis !

BuBBaSBuBBLE
09-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Is that Mishimoto a full size rad ? the half rads work in cooler temps but it will be a problem or at least it was for me in temps above 80 or so the thing ran hot especially after beating on it.I have only been able to keep the temps in check with a full size rad in the summertime. I just looked and don't have any pics of the bungs on my oil pan but mine are above the oil drain plug near the top of the back of the oil pan .oh btw nice chassis !

You have an eg as well? I'm having the same problem!! I hooked up my tuner view and noticed the day of honda day I drove there and sitting and idling the car broke 210 degrees. That's why I was considering opting for the spal fan. I thought it was that. Especially I've seen so many people with half core rads on k swapped cars. But I do need to take consideration of the sleeved block as well. Mmmmhh... interesting I might consider a full rad than if I can fit it. Lol any options ?

vdubkilla
09-04-2013, 12:51 PM
You have an eg as well? I'm having the same problem!! I hooked up my tuner view and noticed the day of honda day I drove there and sitting and idling the car broke 210 degrees. That's why I was considering opting for the spal fan. I thought it was that. Especially I've seen so many people with half core rads on k swapped cars. But I do need to take consideration of the sleeved block as well. Mmmmhh... interesting I might consider a full rad than if I can fit it. Lol any options ?

Yes I have an eg and I have tried many methods from 160 t stats to no t stat the only thing that kept me cool with a mishi half rad was a giant and I mean Giant 2100 cfm fan on a half rad .I also tried a tucked rad and it was worse and did not keep the engine cool like I was told it would .I ended up going full size and you can put several different full size rads in it .Hybrid racing sells the Griffin radiators and those things are sweet and will cure heating issues due to undersized radiators .I am sure you could make a lot of rads work with mounting tabs from k tuned and then you may have to find the right hoses by going to the local auto parts store and checking out the selection of hoses to get the right ones that will work if you dont wanna go all out with the griffin rad from hybrid as they are expensive .