PDA

View Full Version : hi/low boost switch?

Jonezy
10-15-2014, 04:29 PM
wanting to know how to fit a toggle switch to the dash that will allow the hi/low boost tables to be used when i am and when im not in a hurry.

which wires do you tap into, any side effects/lights on the dash?

after a decent guide for this as the hondata help is as helpful as tits on a fish.

any body done this? a good labelled known working diagram would be nice too.

i know these work using brake light switch/ service light etc. when these are active would the corresponding dash light flash then?

any help at all apprieciated

thanks

Jonezy
10-15-2014, 05:05 PM
SpazPetefromtheStreets aLmk monjarassi Si Speed 317 Xander Poita Shanket

you guys know what your talking about, know anything about this?

thanks

monjarassi
10-15-2014, 05:16 PM
I got the perfect answer for this let me get to my computer when I get home this evening

Jonezy
10-15-2014, 05:26 PM
^ top bloke, thankyou.

having looked at the available inputs, i will likely use the EPS switch, i assume this doesnt actually affect the steering? just utilises the light as a switch on/ switch off indicator?

not sure i could deal with EML or the brake light flashing at me, would crap myself everytime i floor it!

monjarassi
10-15-2014, 10:44 PM
thanks to Jeff12886!!

connected a splice to the E22 (Brake Switch Line)
*note* in the pic I didnt cut the wire, i thought you had to T into it but you just cut it and connect straight to the ECU, if you dont cut it, your brake lights will come on with the switch

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Jeff122886/ecu.jpg

For my positive 12V I T'ed into the 12V wire that I used for my Boost Solenoid and viola, crack open a beer and your done, unless you have a led switch like i have, then you need to hook up a ground for the LED inside the switch.

Set it to the brake switch in KPRO and your done

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Jeff122886/screenshot.jpg

Jonezy
10-16-2014, 02:09 AM
When you say brake lights come on, you mean the light on the dash right?

Is it really that simple? Would prefer not to cut the wire tbh,

ryaano18
10-16-2014, 11:40 AM
When you say brake lights come on, you mean the light on the dash right?

Is it really that simple? Would prefer not to cut the wire tbh,

Somethings need to be cut lol But if you prefer i can send you a flying lead wire with a terminal that you can plug in to somewhere in the E connector or any spare hole in the A, B, E connector that can be used for the boost switch. monjarassi are there mulitple choices for pin locations to choose from?

monjarassi
10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
From what I've gathered so far that's the only wire

ryaano18
10-16-2014, 11:50 AM
From what I've gathered so far that's the only wire

Ahhhhh thanks for clarifying that. Well Jonezy you could still cut it and extend to a switch, or you can depin the brake wire, and repin a flying lead to a switch and just tuck away the oem wire with tape.

Jonezy
10-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Somethings need to be cut lol But if you prefer i can send you a flying lead wire with a terminal that you can plug in to somewhere in the E connector or any spare hole in the A, B, E connector that can be used for the boost switch. monjarassi are there mulitple choices for pin locations to choose from?

thanks for the offer pal, wrong side of the pond to be posting things to me though. apprieciate it mind.

so only the brake light switch can be used? just curious why other inputs such as...

E16 power steering pressure switch
E29 service connector switch

why are these mentioned? and how would they react if treat same as you mentioned for the brake light switch?

also the question of the brake light switch? this does definatly refer to the light on the dash? not the brake lights on the rear of the car?-EDIT - http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6440 thread clears it up a bit, all it does it raises idle slight;y when brakes are applied!

would the handbrake warning light also still work?

Jonezy
10-16-2014, 03:31 PM
also, the switches you use. do they need to be the 2 connector or the 3 connector type?

Jonezy
10-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Sorry about the relentless questions but this is what I've understood,

This correct?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/jonezy69/5FEC63DD-F394-48F5-89C9-BBBA91C53341_zpsvyovylne.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/jonezy69/media/5FEC63DD-F394-48F5-89C9-BBBA91C53341_zpsvyovylne.jpg.html)

ryaano18
10-16-2014, 04:34 PM
also, the switches you use. do they need to be the 2 connector or the 3 connector type?

either will work. 2 pin are regular switches, power to one and signal to other.

3 pin is same except one pin is ground (these are usually for switches with LEDs)

and your diagram is correct

Jonezy
10-16-2014, 06:30 PM
awesome, thanks very much fellas. glad to have a definite answer. loads of threads about this but none actually wrap the whole thing up.

just one last question. in the dropdown menu in kmanager for the hi boost activation switch, it mentions the E16,E22, E26 and E29. Do these not do the exact same thing as using brake light switch?

cheers

BoostedK20
10-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Look at you doing electrical diagrams! There is a pen that was recently released to test circuits on paper. I forget the name, but it's pretty cool! Anyways, good luck doing this. Keep us in the loop!

Jonezy
10-18-2014, 12:55 PM
tbh i will probs just go with the brake light switch as its not of any real consequence to anything else.

went maplins and bought small rocker switch last night. only rated to 3Amps mind, is that enough or will i need summat more substantial?

sure will check back in with you fellas, nothing more annoying when those you help drop off the grid i bet!

ryaano18
10-18-2014, 02:57 PM
tbh i will probs just go with the brake light switch as its not of any real consequence to anything else.

went maplins and bought small rocker switch last night. only rated to 3Amps mind, is that enough or will i need summat more substantial?

sure will check back in with you fellas, nothing more annoying when those you help drop off the grid i bet!

3 amps is fine for a signal. Signals are very very low amerage

Jonezy
10-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Cheers pal. Thought as much as switches any higher are quite bulky.

Thanks fellas

djtooon
11-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Great info on using the Brake switch

Jonezy
12-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Hey there fellas.

Finally got my boost by gear woes fixed. Car is great now!! Just the wrong time of year as it rains like crazy all the time here!

Can confirm for definite that using E22 as per the diagram and the 12v live (yellow and green) from the cig lighter definitely works!!

Very easy to rig up, can't belive how much I over thought it.