PDA

View Full Version : Who's using LSD?

06_typeS
04-21-2011, 03:21 PM
That's one thing I regret when i boosted my S, not getting an LSD. I'm thinking that I'll start to look for an SiR tranny and put an LSD in at that time.
Whats everyone running for LSDs?

Spaz
04-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm running the Quaife LSD. I couldn't imagine being boosted and not having LSD. Hell when I was N/A and installed the LSD it was my best upgrade. Still is...

Si Speed 317
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
My Si came with LSD :p But I honestly couldn't imagine driving it without it. ESPECIALLY boosted. As for LSD brands, I have always heard good things about Quaife, and the Torsen LSD is big among the miata turbo guys. That's my :2c:

Yoklus
04-22-2011, 02:52 AM
yea quaife ftw. ill be adding one here pretty soon

Si Speed 317
04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Yea? Why when your stock LSD is awesome?

06_typeS
04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Do you find the Si LSD suffice? I readon crsx that the stock Si LSD can't handle boost.

Spaz
04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you find the Si LSD suffice? I readon crsx that the stock Si LSD can't handle boost.

I've heard the same things. They aren't designed to handle the torque increase. Also why people don't buy ITR ones either

Yoklus
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
stock lsd isnt awesome, its alright for being stock, but not really even comparable to a quaife

vdubkilla
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Running the Quaife myself and I really like it .The best price I found was from Cor Sports .When doing a Quaife you'll need a few other items .The Two Diff bearings , and a speedometer gear all can be re used but I would and did replace all three as I would not have felt comfortable re using them .Also you'll need some honda bond or other good sealant .I have an ep3 transmission and for that trans at least maybe some other's as well you need longer bolts for the ring gear from an 06+ civic si the stock FD bolts in an ep3 trans are shorter and won't thread all the way thru the quaife

Si Speed 317
04-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmm, I haven't had a problem with mine, and I haven't heard anyone on 8th having a problem with theirs. My tuner (soxfan143) has his oem LSD afaik. He's in the high 400whp range too. Str8JDM has his oem LSD and has no problems either, 5857bb turbo, 517whp.

420Coupe
04-23-2011, 11:15 PM
No lsd ftw!!!

PetefromtheStreets
04-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Im running an OBX LSD. Worst decision I've ever made. My driver side axle won't lock in so it leaks tranny fluid sometimes. I contacted obx several times with no reply. I'm kicking around getting the MFactory LSD soon tho.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

vdubkilla
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Quaife ftw

PetefromtheStreets
04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Quaife ftw

TROOF!!

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Queef? :giggle::iorun:

1JZ_Type-S
10-24-2013, 06:02 PM
What about Wavetrac? I'm leaning toward getting that one instead of the Quaife, as its the same LSD, but almost $200 cheaper.

PetefromtheStreets
10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I haven't read much about it but seen it's close to Quaife as far as pricing went. I've been interested so I'm in for answers as well

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
Cage plus radio member #1

aLmk
10-24-2013, 08:06 PM
The mfactory is supposed to be good as well and it's cheaper than both the quaife and the wavetrac.

1JZ_Type-S
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I thought I read somewhere that mfactory doesn't give a lifetime warranty like quaife & wavetrac, though

aLmk
10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I thought I read somewhere that mfactory doesn't give a lifetime warranty like quaife & wavetrac, though
I'm not sure!

1JZ_Type-S
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Why are you yelling at me?! :sadwavey:

aLmk
10-24-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not lol

MajorWeak
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I rock the ITR Y2M3 trans with stock LSD and 4.7 FD. Similar to the FG2, FA5, and FD5, but 4th-6th is different gearing.

1JZ_Type-S
10-25-2013, 10:17 AM
So I take it that everyone running a LSD is using the helical style instead of the metal plate design?

PetefromtheStreets
10-25-2013, 10:48 AM
So I take it that everyone running a LSD is using the helical style instead of the metal plate design?

As of now yes. I'm not sure what a metal plate lsd is like. I've read the description and not understood the differences

s4 IG-petefromthestreets

K24_Acura_EL
10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
I am planing on putting one in my Acura EL , cause right now i wish i did when i put the K in and people has told me is was there best upgrade.

Cant wait to get it installed .

aLmk
10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
As of now yes. I'm not sure what a metal plate lsd is like. I've read the description and not understood the differences

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
Pretty sure the plate style is more catered for someone doing auto-x or road racing where one of the front wheels has the possibility of getting a little airborn, if this happens with a helical LSD I think you lose all power or it sends it all to the wheel with no traction, something bad like that.

BoostedK20
10-27-2013, 10:18 AM
They do have a lifetime warranty!

I am planing on putting one in my Acura EL , cause right now i wish i did when i put the K in and people has told me is was there best upgrade.

Cant wait to get it installed .
We'll have MFactory LSD's in our eShop! Opens Nov 1st.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets

Pretty sure the plate style is more catered for someone doing auto-x or road racing where one of the front wheels has the possibility of getting a little airborn, if this happens with a helical LSD I think you lose all power or it sends it all to the wheel with no traction, something bad like that.
aLmk got it. The metal plate design is limited to 400whp IIRC. It comes in a 1, 1.5, and 2 way for traction purposes. All come locked at 60%, but they're adjustable however you'd like.

1JZ_Type-S
10-27-2013, 11:40 AM
The popular wavetrac is a 1.5 way, right? Which is better for track use? 1.5 or 2 way?

aLmk
10-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Yea pretty much, the other kinds are more of a specific application type, like for road racing or w/e. I think they also have lsds strictly for drag racing as well, but would suck for the street. The honda lsds are helical.

vdubkilla
04-26-2014, 09:37 AM
So who has run the Mfactory lsd and how do you like it ? I am about to put together a spare trans and I am considering the Mfactory LSD but want some input from those who have owned it .I have always run the quaife with good results but wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if the Mfactory is working well for people .

PetefromtheStreets
04-26-2014, 10:12 AM
So who has run the Mfactory lsd and how do you like it ? I am about to put together a spare trans and I am considering the Mfactory LSD but want some input from those who have owned it .I have always run the quaife with good results but wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if the Mfactory is working well for people .

I've got Mfactory now. It's working great for me. Both tires definitely spin together. As for cornering ect I can't make a comment as I don't take corners with any type of speed.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk

vdubkilla
04-26-2014, 10:18 AM
I've got Mfactory now. It's working great for me. Both tires definitely spin together. As for cornering ect I can't make a comment as I don't take corners with any type of speed.

Corners lol I am all about straight line racing I just wanna good LSD and the Mfactory seems like a good choice .I gotta put together a spare trans so I can take my car down the track and have one ready to go in as the current trans is noisy and has been for a year now .I still beat the shit out of it daily too .I'm gonna build a spare then see how I do at the track with the current trans if it makes it .As long as I have a spare ready it won't be so bad if it breaks .One day when I am big pimpin like you lmao I'll have a built trans .Thanks for the input

PetefromtheStreets
04-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Corners lol I am all about straight line racing I just wanna good LSD and the Mfactory seems like a good choice .I gotta put together a spare trans so I can take my car down the track and have one ready to go in as the current trans is noisy and has been for a year now .I still beat the shit out of it daily too .I'm gonna build a spare then see how I do at the track with the current trans if it makes it .As long as I have a spare ready it won't be so bad if it breaks .One day when I am big pimpin like you lmao I'll have a built trans .Thanks for the input

Lmfao @ big pimpin. I just have some peace of mind now. That's all. Shits tuff tho. I'll see you during cruise week and let you feel the trans out for yourself. You'll be placing an order that day. HAHA. GOOD LUCK AT THE TRACK MAN. keep us updated on that. And I would recommend the Mfactory to you :thumb:

vdubkilla
04-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Lmfao @ big pimpin. I just have some peace of mind now. That's all. Shits tuff tho. I'll see you during cruise week and let you feel the trans out for yourself. You'll be placing an order that day. HAHA. GOOD LUCK AT THE TRACK MAN. keep us updated on that. And I would recommend the Mfactory to you :thumb:

You better get up with me when your here this time .I will probably have the stock trans with lsd ready to go by then but I would like to see how those gears feel and sound on the street .

PetefromtheStreets
04-26-2014, 10:33 AM
You better get up with me when your here this time .I will probably have the stock trans with lsd ready to go by then but I would like to see how those gears feel and sound on the street .

I'll need your number again but I'll definitely get up with you when we're there in May. 16-18th. I'm continually breaking my damn phones so I've got no numbers from when we last talked.

vdubkilla
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
I'll need your number again but I'll definitely get up with you when we're there in May. 16-18th. I'm continually breaking my damn phones so I've got no numbers from when we last talked.

I sent ya a pm with my number

BuBBaSBuBBLE
04-26-2014, 09:10 PM
i have a M-factory LSD. I guess it gets the job done.

vdubkilla
04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
i have a M-factory LSD. I guess it gets the job done.

Is there something you don't like about it ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

BuBBaSBuBBLE
04-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Is there something you don't like about it ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I mean both tires spin. But I have a k24 boosted now and the torque steer gets a lil scary. Lol. Especially with LSD. Pulls me everywhere. As far as cornering I really don't get crazy on turns.

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Well the M factory LSD it is !

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Im on the OEM (SI) LSD, no issues yet and we pushing boost through that tranny.

5speed FTW doh

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Im on the OEM (SI) LSD, no issues yet and we pushing boost through that tranny.

5speed FTW doh

I've got a quaife in my current trans and love it .I am about to build a spare trans so went with the m factory lsd to save a few bucks seems like people like them too.

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 10:57 PM
I've got a quaife in my current trans and love it .I am about to build a spare trans so went with the m factory lsd to save a few bucks seems like people like them too.

LSDs LSDs LSDs

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 11:02 PM
LSDs LSDs LSDs

Well if my current trans holds together for a few passes at the track I'll be pulling it and opening it up for inspection and installing the new trans set up .I will also be able to inform others if there are any major differences in the quiafe vs the m factory.

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Well if my current trans holds together for a few passes at the track I'll be pulling it and opening it up for inspection and installing the new trans set up .I will also be able to inform others if there are any major differences in the quiafe vs the m factory.

thats a bet. Gl

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 11:10 PM
thats a bet. Gl

I have not had my car down the track or re tuned on c16 yet since the rebuild .I am itchin to hit the 1/4 mile but my current trans has been noisy/whiny for a while and has taken "Massive" amounts of abuse on the street and on three different dyno sessions .I am gonna go ahead and tune it on c16 and take it to the track she'll blow or she'll go ! I hope it holds up for my passes at the track then I'll pull it .

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
I have not had my car down the track or re tuned on c16 yet since the rebuild .I am itchin to hit the 1/4 mile but my current trans has been noisy/whiny for a while and has taken "Massive" amounts of abuse on the street and on three different dyno sessions .I am gonna go ahead and tune it on c16 and take it to the track she'll blow or she'll go ! I hope it holds up for my passes at the track then I'll pull it .

5spd or 6spd?

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
5spd or 6spd?

I run EP3 transmissions so 5 speed

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
o yea, thats a beast tranny man, what fluid you running n weight?

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 11:17 PM
They do well for my light chassis and I always run Honda OEM trans fluid .I would like to build a real trans but it's just to much money for right now so I keep buying ep3 gear sets and have three transmissions .

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 11:18 PM
They do well for my light chassis and I always run Honda OEM trans fluid .

wow man. i would think u were on a heavier weight fluid

vdubkilla
04-29-2014, 11:22 PM
wow man. i would think u were on a heavier weight fluid

No and since I've had the car I have only lost one 4 th gear the car is making almost 400 trq on pump gas

monjarassi
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
all dat tq jeeezuss

No and since I've had the car I have only lost one 4 th gear the car is making almost 400 trq on pump gas

aLmk
04-29-2014, 11:54 PM
From my research, people were very happy with the mfactory, and the next lsd I buy will be an mfactory lsd.

ksboi
04-30-2014, 02:16 AM
i got my stock lsd its holding up so far. May buy mfactory or gearspeed lsd

Spaz
04-30-2014, 10:02 AM
mfactory makes a great LSD

Turpid Porpoise
04-30-2014, 10:30 AM
I love LSD

vdubkilla
04-30-2014, 11:44 AM
I love LSD

Seems like I may have heard that in my younger days haha :spazface:

beppe
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM
standard intergra r lsd is ok not the best its a torsen lsd good for corners but when boosted need an upgrade

ive heard good things about wavetrac limited slip differential not as harsh as plated diff good for every day

02civic629
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Mfactory crew checking in...... Love it more than anything else in the car, without it the car just didn't feel solid