PDA

View Full Version : IAC Valve w/ V-TEC Killer Setup - Q & A

dkpr87
05-07-2014, 10:41 AM
So a friend of mine and I have been discussing several options at making my car a bit more streetable, due to the vtec killer head setup, the idle is a bit wacky and it won’t stay on idle by itself for too long before it richens out and turns off. Now it takes it about a minute or so for it to do that but anyways. We’ve discussed the possibility of installing an IAC Valve to allow for a better idle control.

I’m open to opinions! So far the most popular idea is to swap out the K24A1 Head and go with a K20A2 Head, but I’m reserving that for the motor I’m building after this one, since this motor was literally built from left over K Parts from my all motor build. Thanks again guys!!!

ryaano18
05-07-2014, 11:27 AM
So a friend of mine and I have been discussing several options at making my car a bit more streetable, due to the vtec killer head setup, the idle is a bit wacky and it won’t stay on idle by itself for too long before it richens out and turns off. Now it takes it about a minute or so for it to do that but anyways. We’ve discussed the possibility of installing an IAC Valve to allow for a better idle control.

I’m open to opinions! So far the most popular idea is to swap out the K24A1 Head and go with a K20A2 Head, but I’m reserving that for the motor I’m building after this one, since this motor was literally built from left over K Parts from my all motor build. Thanks again guys!!!
monjarassi should be able to chime in since i believe he had vtec killer on a k24 head before

monjarassi
05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
So yea I'm here .

Yessirre I did a vtec killer on a k24a1 head once, no iacv too, took a bit of tuning to get her to idle rite

dkpr87
05-07-2014, 11:39 AM
She idles pretty good, it's the after WOT idle, like after a couple of Pulls she gets a bit wacky on the idle you know what I mean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

monjarassi
05-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I hear ya same here, what's the warm idle set.too?
And 2.4 head out flows a a2 head stock for.stock

dkpr87
05-07-2014, 11:44 AM
That's a good question, I'll check it out next time I'm in the car, hopefully that'll shed some light on that issue.

Yea I know, that's the reason I reeeeeaaaally want to keep the A1 head, and the power band is soooooooo smooth too so :-/ yea, definitely trying to make this an efficient car if you know what I mean

Spaz
05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Even if you install the IACV you can control how hard it works. On my car we were having idle issues after pulls also... so we lowered the IACV duty cycle and just controlled the idle in kpro

monjarassi
05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Vtec killer setups dang idle at 1k set it at 1200 rpm

dkpr87
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
The idle is set at 1.2k right now, it sits around 1k-1.4k and hot it goes in between 1.4-1.7 at times

monjarassi
05-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Ummmm weird.

Yea an iacv will be helpful cause u can electronically with kpro either higher of lower.

But yea iacv deletes can be a hit or miss at times.

dkpr87
05-07-2014, 01:22 PM
That's what I'm thinking, since I'm running a 90mm TB I'm a bit limited, I heard that someone might be making an adapter plate that could be installed on an intake manifold and then you bolt on the IAC valve to that

Sent from my BADASS Samsung Galaxy Note 3, #MicDrop

monjarassi
05-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Aww yea I feel u.

aLmk
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I just read this morning in the flashpro help file that the idle on the k motors is controlled by the computer via ignition. Perhaps it just needs to be more finely tuned?