PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 Kill

Spaz
04-21-2014, 11:35 AM
So last night it was a beautiful night here in good old Wisconsin and we (my GF and I) had just finished doing Easter with both families and I asked her what would you like to do now, she responded "Go Fast" meaning she wants to go for a drive in the racecar and I never say no to that!

I prefer to call it "going out hunting" and looking for trouble. . . well last night I sure found it! So we were just cruising along minding our business and up ahead was a blacked out SRT4 turning right. I saw him thought nothing of is and went straight and then proceeded to get into left turn lane for night intersection. I saw something catch my eye in the mirror sure as shit he cut 4 lanes and got behind me to turn left now. haha I looked at my girlfriend and said "honey, you know the trouble I was looking for..? It just found us!" She laughed and then did the greatest thing ever! She continued to say "lets go kill something" as she strapped on her 5 point harness!~ OMG I was in heaven.

So we pulled onto the main hwy with him behind me. I still casually drove giving nothing away, if he wants it he'll come get it. I went around a car and patiently kept looking in my mirror to see what he would do. Sure enough he quickly ripped around that car and accelerated hard to pass me on my left. So being that I was ready I threw it in gear and dropped the hammer! I caught he so quick and his eyes lit up like a kid in Christmas at the astonishment!

I pulled into 4th still at WOT and pulled a good car and a half on him and then quickly hit the brakes to stop at the light up ahead. The guy turned out to be one of the coolest neon owners I've ever met cause he just started smilling giggling and wanted to chat. So I nicely pulled over at the next parking lot and we chatted for like 20 minutes. He was hilarious. I asked how many pounds of boost as did he, I responded 8psi he about choked as he's on 29psi and yet I pulled. Then I let him know I'm just on the wastegate because I messed up wiring my boost solenoid and soon I'll be up to 12psi and then I'll really have some fun!

He said he waited to pull until he had sized me up. He literally waited and listened for a turbo spool, supercharger whine, BOV anything and he heard nothing. He said I thought you were just another Honda with a body kit... he sure learned quick that I don't just like looking pretty, I love boost and beating on my baby!

This is my first solid kill for the year and first time truly pulling hard with the new turbo setup and wow I LOVE it! So much different than my supercharger but my god it pulls so fucking hard and those tires just gripped and ripped.

K > All

aLmk
04-21-2014, 12:16 PM
:clapping: great story!

Rmenjoi33
04-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Did this event happen on tv or pay per view?

Frostydc5
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Did this event happen on tv or pay per view?

:rotfl:

PetefromtheStreets
04-22-2014, 10:54 PM
I love killing srt's. Srt4 srt6 and srt8 alike. :thumb:

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk

Si Speed 317
04-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Lmao, love it. SRT's ftl!

Turpid Porpoise
04-23-2014, 11:47 AM
No mustache pics or race vids = :worthless:

Spaz
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
^hahahahahaha I should have quickly given my GF the damn phone! fuck didn't even think about it!

Si Speed 317
04-24-2014, 12:49 AM
LOL at mustache pics!!

06_typeS
04-24-2014, 05:47 AM
1. Great. Fucking. Story.

2. Put a ring on that girl!!

Your first win is always the best. Mine was against a Newer BMW turbo'ed 1 Series, Some local Army guy that was so cocky about his car, went on about how it was a lambo killer, killed this killed that. My buddy had him in a race in his Evo9, and our cars were similar in power - AWD>FWD. I had him by a good few cars lengths before he gave up. The car cruise group stopped for gas not long down the road and he walked up to me asking if my car was stock, lol. FN army bucks ehh?

Sorry to thread jack......again, haha

BuBBaSBuBBLE
04-26-2014, 09:23 PM
:fyea:awesome story!!