PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Sure ChaseBays screwed up BIG TIME

Spaz
04-17-2011, 02:03 AM
As requested by Chase himself this issue has been resolved so this thread is no longer needed. He did everything he could to resolve any and all issues at hand. Thank you Chase for standing behind your product

PetefromtheStreets
04-17-2011, 02:15 AM
So I finally after months of waiting got my ChaseBays engine harness. It's literally the last and only thing I have been waiting for to start my car...

When I got it I realized I had to pull my supercharger back off to instal it which was my fault but a pain in the ass.

Right away the knock sensor and the map sensor plugs he gave me were wrong. wtf. So I called them up and they told me just modify them to work or send it back. Well I want to get my car running so I did what they told me to do and I modified the plugs to work. Fine...

So I put my supercharger back on and put all the other misc shit back together and now check this bullshit out

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/typespaz/misc/th_ChaseHarnessIssue.jpg (http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/typespaz/misc/?action=view&current=ChaseHarnessIssue.mp4)

For some reason I can't see the pic. It goes to photobucket and doesn't show the photo for me. What wa wrong after the s/c got put on??

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-17-2011, 02:20 AM
I can see the pic but its not high quality on my phone, is it too short or the wrong plug? Again, only looking from my phone

fg2onboost
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
It's a video guys... Just click on the pic.

op I'd get a new harness from chase.. Or a refund and give ry-wire a try.

Spaz
04-17-2011, 12:46 PM
It's a video guys... Just click on the pic.

op I'd get a new harness from chase.. Or a refund and give ry-wire a try.

hahaha yes thank its a movie not a picture guys. It's on my photobucket not on my youtube.

On monday I'm calling Chase up and we'll be talking for sure.

Speedy
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Wow that sucks and I'm sure you payed a pretty penny for that harness. Hope everything works out spaz

PetefromtheStreets
04-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a feeling that a few wires got placed on a straight 12v source instead of a keyed source. But then that doesn't explain why they aren't on a all times.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Spaz
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
here the youtube version if anyone wants to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUo2VnQBSVc

PetefromtheStreets
04-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Any word on the harness issue?

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
DAMN, that's a phucked up situation. And being that it took months to receive, I can only imagine what it'll be till you get the new one...

PetefromtheStreets
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
DAMN, that's a phucked up situation. And being that it took months to receive, I can only imagine what it'll be till you get the new one...

Yea I think if it's not a quick resolution id be putting a factory harness on it until it came back.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Yea, but I'm sure he got the chase bays one bc the stock one won't work, right?

PetefromtheStreets
04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I think he got it because he got 1 helluva deal on it plus he wanted a clean harness and to be tucked.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh, gotchya.

Spaz
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
finally after many calls and emails I got a call from chase today. He asked for pictures. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pulling the god damn supercharger off again and sending him back this harness

PetefromtheStreets
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Dang man. I'd be pretty pissed but I'm quite sure you'll be sending it back. They aren't gonna be able to tell anything with it still on the car. Atleast I wouldn't think you could tell anything.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

Si Speed 317
04-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Dang man. I'd be pretty pissed but I'm quite sure you'll be sending it back. They aren't gonna be able to tell anything with it still on the car. Atleast I wouldn't think you could tell anything.

Tapatalk FTMFW!

I'd be pissed if I had to pull my charger too. That's some straight up bs. I understand it happens, but you waited a long ass time.

Spaz
04-20-2011, 01:22 AM
after going through my connections at Hybrid Racing, they got Chase to finally call me. We talked about the harness and bla bla bla and I tell him some connections are definitely pinned incorrectly. So he says take photos and email me them. I'll call you back within 20 mins of looking at them. Immediately off the phone I head to the car and take photos, upload and email... never heard back from him. Tomorrow he better call.